Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

kid's shampoo?

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2007 at 4:33 PM
  • 8 Replies
Is it important to use a shampoo formulated for a child's hair (new, delicate, untreated) versus using my shampoo/conditioner on their heads?
by on Mar. 12, 2007 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sammiegurl351
by on Mar. 12, 2007 at 4:35 PM
im not sure and since you are not since then i wouls just stick with regular shampoo.
snoo
by on Mar. 12, 2007 at 4:44 PM
I've always used kids shampoo, so I don't know if there is a difference or not. Seems like the kid stuff wouldn't be as harsh, but that could just be a marketing strategy. But I use the Suave, which is so cheap, especially at Wal-Mart, so even if it's no different, I'm not breaking the bank over it.
mom2cali123
by on Mar. 12, 2007 at 4:52 PM
the only difference between kids shampoo and adult shampoo is that kids shampoo is formulated to not burn the eyes as much if at all.
Mshellface
by on Mar. 12, 2007 at 5:09 PM
I can't use kids or adult shampoo on my daughter, she can only use dove unscented bar soap, she has extremely bad eczema so she can't have anything like that.
jamison8175
by on Mar. 12, 2007 at 5:12 PM
The only difference is that it is formulated to be gentle on the skin/scalp along with not burning their eyes (my son would think you are trying to blind him anyway). I only use the kiddie stuff on my son though. Heck sometimes i'll use to cause it smells good!
Lesli
by on Mar. 12, 2007 at 5:38 PM
I used baby shampoo until what I was given at my baby showers were gone. I was poor and its expensive! Same with baby detergent.  Just be careful about rinsing their hair. Otherwise there's no difference except price.
bzmomkfor
by on Mar. 12, 2007 at 5:42 PM
   When I use the normal shampoo I just use a tiny bit & make sure I don't get it in their eyes, I've not had any problems that way.
Jamie1615
by on Mar. 12, 2007 at 5:45 PM
A real good shampoo that i found works good on Raven's hair is Pert Plus Kids 2n1 its shampoo&cond. and its good priced too, you can get it at wal-mart smells good, and works good
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)