Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Does anyone know how to change ur ip adress?

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2008 at 12:23 AM
  • 30 Replies

Hey, I'm just wondering if anyone knows how to change an IP adress? I have an HP pavilion desktop computer and I use comcast internet. Its for security reasons, cuz I have people making threats online. I've already contacted the police but they didn't take it serious since its over the internet. But they have my ip so I need to change it.

Photobucket

My heart is in Iraq.

Love a military man? Come join Military Girls Unite Group! http://www.cafemom.com/group/MilitaryGirlsUnite

by on Aug. 13, 2008 at 12:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy2Lorelei1
by on Aug. 13, 2008 at 12:24 AM

no clue, but heres a bump for ya.

wwefan53
by on Aug. 13, 2008 at 12:25 AM

My son just says to contact your ISP.

BUSYMAMA5
by on Aug. 13, 2008 at 12:26 AM

I don't think you can change your IP address, Maybe if you change Internet providers? But I know you can get special software that changes IP address randomly and your IP address will never be the same! I will find out from my old man what the name of software is! I am glad you are taking this seriously and I don't mean to scare you but whoever is threatening you could have your home address as they can get this from your IP address! So keep your gun locked and loaded just in case! I will get back with you asap!

francesca677
by on Aug. 13, 2008 at 12:27 AM

not a clue sorry , maybe contact your internet provider ...

angelmama081007
by on Aug. 13, 2008 at 12:30 AM

here is how you can

Click Start, then click Run, type in "cmd" and click enter

in the window that comes up, type in "ipconfig", this will tell you your current ip address.

then type in "ipconfig /release"

then type in "ipconfig /renew", this will get you a new ip address.

You can then scroll up and see what it was before and what it is now.  It should be different.  If it isn't, try it again....

Hope this helps....

Tiffaney and my dear ^Angel Baby^

Forever my angel... due date (birthday we celebrate) on August 10, 2007, grew wings on January 13, 2007

Please come see my angel baby's memorial page at
http://angelbabydeamicis.gonetoosoon.co.uk/my_index.php
THANKS!!!!

Lilypie 21 - 37 day cycle PicLilypie 21 - 37 day cycle Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday PicLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
if they would have been born on the due date of August 10, 2007... My sweet little angel.... Mommy misses you...

Boomerfierce
by on Aug. 13, 2008 at 12:31 AM

I believe there's a program out there called "Tor". What it does is it automatically changes your ip [ rather, masks it as a different one ] every time you go to a page, or refresh a page. So one moment it can look like you're in texas, the next, alaska, and so on and so forth.

CStanfield85
by on Aug. 13, 2008 at 12:32 AM

Wow, I did not know that! lol I think I will tell my hubby this! lol

Quoting angelmama081007:

here is how you can

in the window that comes up, type in "ipconfig", this will tell you your current ip address.

You can then scroll up and see what it was before and what it is now.  It should be different.  If it isn't, try it again....

Hope this helps....

SweetTinkerbell
by on Aug. 13, 2008 at 12:34 AM

That didn't work

Quoting angelmama081007:

here is how you can

You can then scroll up and see what it was before and what it is now. It should be different. If it isn't, try it again....

Hope this helps....

Photobucket

My heart is in Iraq.

Love a military man? Come join Military Girls Unite Group! http://www.cafemom.com/group/MilitaryGirlsUnite

SweetTinkerbell
by on Aug. 13, 2008 at 12:35 AM

I know but the cops didn't take it very seriously.

Quoting BUSYMAMA5:

I don't think you can change your IP address, Maybe if you change Internet providers? But I know you can get special software that changes IP address randomly and your IP address will never be the same! I will find out from my old man what the name of software is! I am glad you are taking this seriously and I don't mean to scare you but whoever is threatening you could have your home address as they can get this from your IP address! So keep your gun locked and loaded just in case! I will get back with you asap!

Photobucket

My heart is in Iraq.

xtinee
by on Aug. 13, 2008 at 12:35 AM

you need contact your isp...if you have a static ip, you'll have to probably pay for a new one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)