Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tragic Story

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 10:54 AM
  • 8 Replies
Did anyone else see this story?? We have got to get our kids OFF THE PHONE while they are driving!! These girls had their whole lives ahead of them!

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200770713004
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Lakeland_Mom
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 11:01 AM
thats horrible... kids think there invincable it wont happen to them... thats a super sad story!

ENFenimore
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 11:03 AM
that is so sad. people and teens anyone that drives needs to be aware on not use the phone while driving.

"Hope is faith holding out its hand in the dark of the night"."

Iluvmy4girls
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 11:04 AM
I know it is so tragic. I am so afraid when my oldest starts to drive in a year and a half. I remember when I started the first thing my father said was dont take your eyes off the road. Michelle
Melody41
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 7:04 PM
I'm in NY, not too far from the area of the accident, and it seems like every time we turn on the news they have another development about tragedy  I hope this makes people think twice about using their phones while driving.  It seems like even though it is illegal here to use cell phones while driving, no one cares, not even the police!

TRACEYM
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 7:08 PM
They have now changed the law here if you are caught using a mobile while you are driving you can get a £1000 fine and 3 penalty points on your license 12 points and you lose your license.
yovonna
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 7:44 PM
Thanks for the story. We have to much money and let kids have the phones and no instructions.Most kids dont know what NO means it means NO. dont talk in the car or take it away from them. They cause cancer any way we know quite a few people who had cancer of ear and brain from the phones.  Thanks for this post. your friend yovonna :)   sad but I blame the bad parents We tell the kids be like adults and give them the tools and they dont know how to use the tools. We need to show themhow to use the tools we give them..with prayer ...
Tae
by on Jul. 15, 2007 at 7:13 PM

Quoting Melody41:

I'm in NY, not too far from the area of the accident, and it seems like every time we turn on the news they have another development about tragedy  I hope this makes people think twice about using their phones while driving.  It seems like even though it is illegal here to use cell phones while driving, no one cares, not even the police!

Your right, the police DON'T care! I wish I had a dollar for every cop I have seen talking on his cell phone while driving!! They are just as bad!!

M31issa
by on Jul. 15, 2007 at 7:19 PM
My husband and I try and set a good example for our kids. Talking on the phone while driving no matter who does it should not be done. Unless you have the time and room to pull over to take the call.

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)