Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

c-section moms

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 10:55 AM
  • 25 Replies

I had my second c-section late may and this time since it was a planned one I got a spinal(had an epidural with my first because it wasn't planned to have a c-section). Well I had really bad back pain for the first few weeks which I knew was a normal side effect from the spinal... well every once and a while I'll get a feeling of pressure and back pain for like 5 minutes in the area where I had my spinal... has this happend to anyone else?!
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sugarbritches
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 10:57 AM
I had a c-section 5 yrs ago with my youngest.  I still get a funny feeling in my back where I had my epidural.
mom4jads
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 10:58 AM
I had 4 c- sections all with spinals and if i sit on a hard chair too long or if it going to rain my lower back hurts.
JHeidelbauer
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 11:01 AM
I get that feeling too. I had a csection with a spinal 10 mths ago.

MDsmom
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 11:01 AM
I had my second c-section in late May too...I had that tingling in my back with the first one for more than a year..but it wasn't painful just strange.....I haven't had that feeling this time, all my friends with spinals have had the same thing too.
mommyof2EO
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 11:04 AM
I saw your DD is named Shelby Lynn--that was my dogs name who died a year ago. Well it was Shelby and my mom gives all her animals middle names...so Lynn went along with it.
Quoting JHeidelbauer:

I get that feeling too. I had a csection with a spinal 10 mths ago.

GGsMom517
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 11:07 AM
I had a c section in mid may- i had both a spinal and a epidural- everything was fine for a few months, until i went back to work. Now that im back at work ( i have a desk job) when ever i go to get up from my chair it takes me a second...i have really bad sharp shooting pains in my lower back. It seems just as soon as you think the pain is gone you go to do something else and there it is again.  Ive tried taking over the counter pain pills and nothing seems to help!
mamadrace
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 11:08 AM
I have had 3 c sections with spinal and I wouldnt say it hurts but its weird like pressure but usually only i have been sitting or laying down for a long time...it often happens when i am driving
Mdaisey
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 11:12 AM
I had a scheduled C section because my son was breech. I had an epidural. I did not experience any back pains but above my incision I still experience numbness and it is still sore. It has been five months already. When does that go away???
jerseybtch327
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 11:12 AM
i had a 2nd c-section also and i get the funny feelings also
Annamaries_mom
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 11:19 AM
I have had two c-sections also.  This will be my third.  I didn't really have any pain but I did have that funny numb feeling for about a year or so after my second one.  I am also numb around my incisions.  My first went great...went back to work three weeks later (I was a single mom I had to go back).  With my second she didn't want to come out....I was bruised up pretty bad from all the tugging and pulling they did to get her out.  The first went so good I wasn't a bit nervous with the second one.........now from my second experience and being older (35 vs. 27) I am very nervous about this one.  I have diabetes and placenta previa.  I can't believe some of you had four c-sections....my doctor said absolutely NO MORE KIDS!   Of course I am 35 and three is enough for us.  This will be our fifth between us.

I would say the pain will go away eventually but I have never had a spinal mine were both epidurals.  Is there a big difference???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)