Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Which comes first -- the PB or the J?

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 1:18 PM
  • 16 Replies

Poll

Question: What do you use first?

Options:

peanut butter

jelly

whatever I grab first/doesn't matter

I don't ever make PB&J but felt like voting in a poll

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 77

View Results

A while back I heard a statistic on the news that 70% of people, when making a PB&J sandwich, put the PB on first.  I was just wondering how true-to-life that is.

So - when making a PB&J sandwich - what do you put on first....the PB or the J?

by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BrdwysBabies
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 1:22 PM
I'm a little strange..lol.  Things have to be done a certain way, so I put the PB on, and then the jelly.

TableforSeven
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 1:29 PM
I've always been a jelly-first kind of gal.  That way I can put the jelly on and lay that piece of bread down - then peanut-butter the other slice and lay it on top....PB seems to slip off less than jelly does.
E.D.I.
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 1:44 PM
I like jam better then jelly, it spreads so much easier and no chunks. But yea I do the peanut butter first. But I don't eat it alot, I am more of a peanutbutter and banana sandwhich kinda gal. That's what I am eating now, lol.

On every thorn, delightful wisdom grows,
In every rill a sweet instruction flows.
~Edward Young~

boldmama.com
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 1:48 PM
I consider myself somewhat of a PB&J expert since it was the only thing I would eat from about age 5 to age 10.  I always put the jelly on first.  Then you wipe the knife off on the other "clean" slice of bread and dig into the peanut butter.  That way you do not get peanut butter in your jelly jar or jelly in your peanut butter jar!

Voila!
PrincessAnn75
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 1:49 PM
My daughter and I were eaiting peanut butter toast while taking the poll.

bchgirl00
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 2:01 PM
I put the PB on one slice of bread and the jelly on the other slice..  Just a habit I guess! 
Jackie06
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 2:47 PM

Quoting boldmama.com:

I consider myself somewhat of a PB&J expert since it was the only thing I would eat from about age 5 to age 10.  I always put the jelly on first.  Then you wipe the knife off on the other "clean" slice of bread and dig into the peanut butter.  That way you do not get peanut butter in your jelly jar or jelly in your peanut butter jar!

Voila!

lol,I understand your thinking,I put my PB on first and use the clean slice to wipe off the PB before I get the jam.
JJnMadisMomma
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 2:49 PM
i dont eat jelly! i just like the PB!!!
desertmom3
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 4:58 PM
Always...PB...first...hehe!
horrorfan72
by on Jul. 14, 2007 at 5:01 PM
WELL, WHEN I MAKE MY KIDS A PB&J I ACTUALLY PUT THE PB ON FIRST BUT I PUT PB ON ONE SLICE OF BREAD AND JELLY ON THE OTHER.
~KRISTA
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)