Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Crooked butt crack??

Posted by on Aug. 26, 2008 at 5:10 PM
  • 16 Replies

Hi Ladies

I need some help.. my son has a crooked butt cack, it just is slighlty crooked at the top it turns to the right, he also has a birth mark along his spine.. anyone out there with the same problem?? I took him to his 6 month check up today and pointed it out to the dr and she has me going to get an ultrasound for it...Im not too worried but i am concerned and my hubby is  freaking out.. So here is the question: Does anyone else have this problem? if so did u get an ultrasound to look at the spine? or?? and what was the result??

My mommy intuition says he is fine and he just has a crooked butt crack.... but idk...

and he is 6 months old and is developementally right on schedule.. he is not quite crawling yet.. but loves tummy time and scoots backwards rolls over fine, and sits up unassisted for ever..

Thanks in advance for any help or comfort you can give me

here is a picture

by on Aug. 26, 2008 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bethandbabies26
by on Aug. 26, 2008 at 5:12 PM

It looks like a normal buttcrack to me! My daughter has a birthmark on her side that kind of looks like that. It's called a Cafe` Lae spot. It's nothing to worry about though. I'd call the pediatrican if your that concerned.

gracysmom2007
by on Aug. 26, 2008 at 5:13 PM

To be honest I think it's just one of those things that will make him unique. It doesn't look too bad to me and birth marks...if that's all it is, is just where melatonin has settled to make a dark pigment...I'd still have the ultrasound done as ur doctor has said to do because some birth marks aren't just birth marks. I'll be thinking about your family though...but if your mommy sences aren't tingling too much I'm sure it's fine!! Good Luck

As a matter of fact I am a....full-time working , college student, vaccinating, public daycare sending, married, home cooking meal making, democrat voting for McCain, loving mother just like you!!! 

surprised

aidensmom1117
by on Aug. 26, 2008 at 5:13 PM

I don't really see how it is crooked?!  I've never really seen anything like that either! I wish you te best of luck!

Dreammom55
by on Aug. 26, 2008 at 5:14 PM

Awe...Maybe he just layed on his left side when he was in utero. IDK...and as far as the birthmark..i think when expressing a concern to doctors, these days they have to omit all possibilities to avoid a law suit later. I wouldn't worry about it.

FutureMrsWiske
by on Aug. 26, 2008 at 5:16 PM

This makes me laugh, sorry. But ever since I was little my mom told my I had a crooked crack too! So Im perfectly fine, although Ive never really stared at my butt but others have told me as well. He will b fine. I can post a pic if u want of mine (im kidding). Yay for the crooked cracks

nancycsel
by on Aug. 26, 2008 at 5:17 PM

My friend is a chiropractic and has adjusted my daughter a few times.. she always starts by squeezing her butt cheeks together to see if her crack is centered.. if it's crooked to one side or the other she will adjust her and check again and then it's centered.

If you like I can ask her what it actually means and send you a message.. just let me know.

Iamspeed
by on Aug. 26, 2008 at 5:20 PM

Lol.... and I thought I was the only one, hahahaha

As a matter of fact yes my son was born with a crooked butt crackwith a dimple, at first the dr's thought it might have something to do with spina bifida like did it run in the family and all these other questions and they too did an ultrasound and there are no health or medical problems asscociated with it, Thakfully however afterwards I was telling my Former Mil about it and she said that she was born with one too and I spoke to another pediatrician  and she said that having a crooked butt crack is something that is hereditary even though the children might not get it there is a good possiblity that maybe a a grandparent had it.......So ask your family members, yep thats just what everyone wants to talk about around the dinner table, Lol.

My son is now 7 and he's perfectly fine even with his crooked butt crack!

shadaisy89
by on Aug. 26, 2008 at 5:22 PM

My little sister has a really bad crooked one and I have never heard that there could be a problem.  Hers is twice as bad as your sons.  To this day I still sing I see london I see france I see your crooked butt crack. 

My daughters and my step-son

Vinsmomma
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2008 at 5:54 PM

Thanks ladies!!

mamaoftwins9197
by on Aug. 26, 2008 at 5:56 PM

It looks normal to me...LOL.  My babies both have an extra dimple at the top of their butt cracks and I've never really thought much about it.  I would be more concerned with the birth mark...it looks a little funny.

Group Owner-NarAnon Moms-www.cafemom.com/group/28555

Group Owner-No Rules-www.cafemom.com/group/38836

Group Owner-DRADA, Depression and Related Affective Disorders-www.cafemom.com/group/52557

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)