Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How do you clean a micro suede couch?

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2008 at 1:54 PM
  • 9 Replies

My couch is micro suede and my daughter has spit up smashed crackers on it and spilt milk.

How do you clean it? it says use a dry cloth but thats not going to do anything? I need some type of liquid I can scrub it with so get that crap out. Does anyone know anything I can use?

by on Aug. 29, 2008 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Teeshann
by Ruby Member on Aug. 29, 2008 at 1:55 PM

i bought a bissell little green to clean my couch. not sure what the solution for it is (baby asleep on my lap and i dont' dare move to go look. lol. anyway i had little water spots all over it and it got them  out.

OfTheFaIIen
by on Aug. 29, 2008 at 1:58 PM

micro fiber sofas are the easiest thing in the world to clean, trust me. they are designed to take a beating and come back, thats why they're so damn awesome! make sure your sofa is vaccumed and then get some furnature cleaner, anything basic will do. it wont damage your sofa because the micro fiber has a tendancy to bounce back. and it is so resiliant to staining. make sure you smooth it down to dry though, or else it will dry with the fibers in the opposite direction.

ktwister
by Gold Member on Aug. 29, 2008 at 1:58 PM

This is how I clean mine.  I do this about every other week.

I fill a bucket with warm water and one cap full of woolite. Mix that up and use a white washcloth wring the water/woolite  out well and  scrub the couch with it.

On stubborn stains I used the Resolve multi fabric spray.

lilysmama811
by on Aug. 29, 2008 at 2:00 PM

When we bought our microsuede furniture,the salesman told me to spot clean with Windex, but if it needed a deep cleaning, to make a diluted bacth of Windex and put it in one of those little mini steam cleaners and do that, or even some rug cleaner that's not abrasive or too potent(you could probably dilute that, too)

dlsilvers
by on Aug. 29, 2008 at 2:04 PM

We were told to use the Blue Coral car uphosltery cleaner on our couch.  It works great...even got out red wine!  I do recommend that you test a small spot on the back first...with anything you choose to use...just to make sure it doesn't discolor the fabric.  Good luck!

my4kids274
by Drill Sergeant Mommy on Aug. 29, 2008 at 2:06 PM

That is what we also use.  I LOVE our couch that we bought because the stains come out so easily...

Quoting lilysmama811:

When we bought our microsuede furniture,the salesman told me to spot clean with Windex, but if it needed a deep cleaning, to make a diluted bacth of Windex and put it in one of those little mini steam cleaners and do that, or even some rug cleaner that's not abrasive or too potent(you could probably dilute that, too)

mommy_of_2sons
by on Aug. 29, 2008 at 2:07 PM

I use baby wipes to spot clean on my microsuede couches. They're gentle enough, and they get rid of the stain!

zjonzie
by on Aug. 29, 2008 at 2:07 PM

i have that for my couch and dining room chairs, it cleans great with my bissel.  look underneath and on a tag there should be a cleaning code number or letter.  in a bissel handbook it tells you how to clean that fabric.  i use the attachments and have removed all the food that my son and dh have left behind lol.   but!!! dont take our word for it and ruin your couch and then post how we are to blame haha.  seriously check for that cleaning code.

zjonzie
by on Aug. 29, 2008 at 2:11 PM

http://web1.msue.msu.edu/imp/mod02/01500277.html

here is one site i found with codes.  i found my code under a cushion

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)