Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

28 weeks pregnant with cervical cerclage and dilated to 1cm...normal?

Posted by on Aug. 29, 2008 at 7:58 PM
  • 5 Replies

ok...I have incompetent cervix...I lost my son at 5 months last pregnancy...I have a mcdonald cerclage placed in my cervix to keep is closed.  I have been experiencing a sharp pinching pain in my cervix for 3 days...my doc said I am now dilated to a 1.  and put me on bedrest...I was curious...is this normal...is it pretty common to be dilated to 1 when 28 weeks?

"An angel in the book of life
wrote down my babys birth,
and whispered as she closed the book
'Too Beautiful For Earth."
Brody Martin Record 4/25/07
by on Aug. 29, 2008 at 7:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
ethansmomie
by on Aug. 29, 2008 at 7:59 PM

No I don't believe it is normal to be 1 cm that early!! stay in bed!!

good luck!!

amy_sue84
by on Aug. 29, 2008 at 8:01 PM

thanks! i am!

Lilypie Expecting a baby PicLilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
gracysmom2007
by on Aug. 29, 2008 at 8:05 PM

I was dialated to one that early....I also went into labor a full month to the day early...I was on complete bed rest as well...it sux keep cafe mom close lol good luck 

Quoting amy_sue84:

ok...I have incompetent cervix...I lost my son at 5 months last pregnancy...I have a mcdonald cerclage placed in my cervix to keep is closed.  I have been experiencing a sharp pinching pain in my cervix for 3 days...my doc said I am now dilated to a 1.  and put me on bedrest...I was curious...is this normal...is it pretty common to be dilated to 1 when 28 weeks?

As a matter of fact I am a....full-time working , college student, vaccinating, public daycare sending, married, home cooking meal making, democrat voting for McCain, loving mother just like you!!! 

surprised

cynthia2525
by on Aug. 29, 2008 at 8:07 PM

no its not normal i have the same problem i have had 1 put in for all of my pregnancies if you continue to have pain i would go in because you might dilate more and that is no good i was dilated 3 and they took mine out because there is rick of rupture and that is dangerous to you and the baby I'm not trying to scare you but better safe then sorry

amy_sue84
by on Aug. 29, 2008 at 8:15 PM

thanks ladies...I am taking it very easy! will there be blood if I dilate anymore?  There has been no blood thus far

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN