Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I need help

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2007 at 3:15 PM
  • 9 Replies
Can anyone out there tell me how long after I had my son can I get pregnant again
by on Mar. 19, 2007 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
seawind
by on Mar. 19, 2007 at 3:17 PM
anytime after 6wks unless breastfeeding. so I have heard
BrdwysBabies
by on Mar. 19, 2007 at 3:17 PM
Anytime you have unprotected sex.
momof4qtz
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2007 at 3:17 PM
As soon as you start having sex again, you are very fertile after you have a baby!!!
dragonflyazure
by on Mar. 19, 2007 at 3:20 PM
Well, there's all sorts of theories out there about how long your body will hold off of getting pregnant after giving birth... breastfeeding is supposed to reduce the chances. But I can tell you that my friend Allie got pregnant with her daughter 3 weeks after having her son. She came back to work from maternity leave and told us she was pregnant again! It's rare, but it can and does happen.
Robin
by Head Admin on Mar. 19, 2007 at 3:25 PM

Quoting seawind:

anytime after 6wks unless breastfeeding. so I have heard

My sil heard the same thing...and then got pregnant while breast feeding - shortly after having her baby!
MandiKR
by on Mar. 19, 2007 at 3:28 PM

No idea, but more power to you girl! I'm still a bit overwhelmed with #1!! Best of luck though :)

vanity
by on Mar. 19, 2007 at 3:29 PM

My sister has 8 kids and each one wasnt but a month old before getting pregnant with the next. But honestly I think they are right...  6 weeks and up but it does depend on your body.

zoiesmem
by on Mar. 19, 2007 at 3:35 PM
It can be anytime if you have sex..you really are not suppose to have it til after you 6 week checkup....But just to let you know my brother and I are 10 months apart....soooo...Is this question because you want to or are trying not to become pregnant too soon? Your body is better if it heals properly......
boybeaterchic
by on Mar. 19, 2007 at 3:38 PM

Quoting dragonflyazure:

Well, there's all sorts of theories out there about how long your body will hold off of getting pregnant after giving birth... breastfeeding is supposed to reduce the chances. But I can tell you that my friend Allie got pregnant with her daughter 3 weeks after having her son. She came back to work from maternity leave and told us she was pregnant again! It's rare, but it can and does happen.
Ok i have talked to my OB and she told me that you can get pregnant after your postpardum check up., They dont recommend it, but it has happen. And breastfeeding does not reduce or prevent pregnancy, this is coming from someone that has talked to there doctor about having another baby after just having hers. But they recommend that you let your body heal first. I tried after 6wks of having mine and i did not let my body heal like it was suppose to and ended up loosing my baby. and i don't wish that upon anyone. So from me to you i would let your body get back to normal and they start trying. And i wish you all the luck in the world.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)