Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

trying to figure out how to keep the bathroom from being so dirty!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:52 AM
  • 11 Replies
anyone have tips to keep the bathroom clean (somewhat?) it seems im always cleaning it but its never clean! anyone else with this problem?? I need advice please!
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NursingStudent
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:56 AM
I use Clorox Disinfecting Wipes, helps with quick clean up, easy to use 

Scrapping With Friends

Raefern
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:48 AM

Everyone who uses it should clean up after themselves!!

Silverjena
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 3:05 AM
When you find a way to keep the bathrooms clean, please let me in on the secret!  Have boys!
NIGHTLIGHTMOMWY
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 3:13 AM
WELL I WAS GONNA SAY MAKE THE KIDS HELP....BUT SINCE I SEE SHE IS ONLY 5...THAT MAY NOT BE SUCH A BRIGHT IDEA!!!!!
ILoveGIJoe
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:07 AM
Get rid of your husband. :)
guelsgma
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:15 AM
 Get everything out that doesn't really need to be there. And get it organised maybe add a shelf and make everyone pick up there stuff after showers or baths Yes kids can put there clothing in a basket as well as the husband can. That helped me out alot...
niki0804
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:20 AM

I have one bathroom for the boys and one for me and hubby. The boys bathroom gets nasty almost everyday. I haven't found a way to keep it clean other than everynight we clean it. My boys pick up their clothes after changing for bed. I swear I have to lean the sink every time they brish their teeth. I suggest coming to terms that with kids comes lots of cleaning.
jenriv104
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:24 AM
I also use the disinfecting wipes daily and just wipe everything down-really cuts down on the mess!swiffer wetjet also works great on the floor -gets all the hard to reach areas and then just throw the pad away!
Allie76
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:29 AM
One thing that helps in my house, is that we have three bathrooms :)  Of course, that is a lot more cleaning, but our oldest two use separate bathrooms to get ready in the morning, so I know who is leaving the mess.  They are both expected to wipe the sink off after they brush their teeth, put their stuff back away (mostly my daughter there with all her hairstuff), and hang up their towels.  I do the toilet cleaning, etc.  However, if my son is being lazy about aiming at the water and peeing everywhere (how do they get the walls without trying, really?) then I will make him help me with the floor, etc...it's a great motivation to him to pay attention!  I do not let my children do ANY cleaning with anything that might be dangerous, so of course they NEVER clean toilets or anything like that.  It does help a lot just having them do the basics of picking up after themselves. 
funnymummy22
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:33 AM
Quoting ILoveGIJoe:

Get rid of your husband. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)