Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help please

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:58 AM
  • 7 Replies
Ok I will admit it I am a total queen of clutter (my whole family is) & I am a shop-a-holic so we have waaaayyyyy more stuff than we could ever need.   Here's my dilemma I am so sick & tired of my hosue being so cluttered & messy but I have no idea where to even begin or how to clean efficiantly.   I have so much clutter & my whole house is just a mess --- I need a maid!!!  ok but honestly I just need help any ideas on how to un-clutter & clean my house in a way that will not take a year to complete.   Also am I the only one with a messy house?  it seems that all my friends houses are always so clean & orderly & they have kids too so I just don't get it & it's a bit embarrasessing. 
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
katieGrace
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:59 AM
start with one room.  throw away everything you haven't used in the last 6 months.  One trash box, one keeper.
MomOfNaeNKayla
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:09 AM
hi,
 i know what you mean. i have alot of junk myself. i am actually going to be having a garage sale which was suppose to be aug. but its been put on hold due to passing of my mom. so now i have to go through all her stuff. you should have a garage sell. start with one room at a time. have one box/bag for stuff to be sold and one bag for trash. work your way through out the rooms and when your done start labeling you garage sale stuff and have it. whatever doesnt sell donate it.plus, for organzing you watch some of the shows they have on tv or type in organzing in the search and see what comes up for site for you too see. i wish you luck and i hope you get lots of advice from other moms too.
MaryLou
LORIE105
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:24 AM
I HAD TO ACTUALLY TAKE ONE ROOM AT A TIME, WITH HELP FROM EVERYONE THAT LIVES IN MY HOUSE. WE GOT RID OF SO MUCH STUFF AND EVEN GAVE TO A FEW FAMILIES THAT WERE IN NEED OF SOME STUFF. IT WENT PRETTY FAST WITH EVERYONE HELPING.

LORIE105
diana76
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:27 AM
TRY "CLEAN SWEEP" ...here is the info ♥

http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/cleansweep/cleansweep.html
GOOD LUCK ! !

MY FAVORITE QUOTE: "I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details." - Albert Einstein
zenda1025
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:27 AM
Check out flyladys.com. Its a free site designed to help people clean and declutter there house.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

mslotus
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:34 AM
I have this same problem, but I have cut it back some and that does help. Just remind your self when your out shopping that your house is the way it is. Also go threw everything and stuff that you never use or maybe even still have price tags on it and give it away or have a yard sale. You can even give some of that extra stuff away to people for Christmas! The biggest thing to help you start is to get read of the things you dont need or really want!
WAHU_Claudia
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:48 AM
You've got some good feedback so far.  Here are some other things to consider..

Have someone else help you... sometimes a neutral party will help you decide whether something is worth keeping or not.

Go shopping with an accountability friend... he/she should help you not to buy un-needed items..

Good luck - remember giving to Goodwill is tax deductible.  But yard sales are always fun too!

Claudia~
www.WorkAtHomeUnited.com/save
Your life, Your Dreams, Your Business!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)