Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your first thoughts...

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 3:44 AM
  • 11 Replies
I am sitting here watching my kids sleep and I started thinking... What was your first thoughts when you first got pregnant? When I got pregnant I was so scared thinking about being a first time mother. But the longer the pregnancy went on I couldnt wait to have my son.

<====CLICK THE BUTTON TO PLAY!!
(Do you like free stuff? Free Gift Cards to stores like Wal-Mart, Target... and others? How about Cash? Everyone likes free cash! Come join us over at NetWinner and try it out!!! What do you have to lose? Register for Free, play for free, and get free things!!!!)

by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 3:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NattysMommy
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 3:45 AM

I was excited not scared cause I was always told I couldn't have children....I wasn't scared till they were saying they had to induce me. I was in the hospital like OH SH*T I am REALLY having a kid!!!! AHHHHHH!!!!!! LoL

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

My myspace.com profile

sarahsmommy1005
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 3:47 AM
Awwww I'm getting teary eyed.  I remember when I got pregnant I was sooooo excited and as delivery got closer then I got really nervous.  It was the best. I even remember what I was wearing and everything. Aw I want another baby

RosesareRed
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 3:57 AM

At first I was shocked and couldn't believe it, then I was a little scared because my husband had been laid off a few weeks before, but within a couple of days I was very excited, I was pumped up all throughout my pregnancy, until they told me they had to induce, then I was scared.  But everything went great!

euskadi_baby
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 4:18 AM
I honestly didn't really believe it until the first ultrasound when I was 8 weeks and I didn't get attached until I reached my 2nd tri. I couldn't bare to do that again after the previous 3 losses.
Silverjena
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 4:27 AM

I remember when I got pregnant with our now 12 yr. old son.  I was scared but happy.  We had miscarriage at 5 mos. before this one.  I felt great, & no major problems this time.  When laying in hospital, getting prep for my scheduled C-section, all of a sudden I thought, "don't know if I can do this" little late to think that!  LOL!  Had another son 15 months later, my 3rd C-section,  and wouldn't trade being a Mom for anything!

sweetsone
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 4:41 AM

I remember being in the hospital with my first one and I thought... Oh I want the full experience so I did it with no pain killers, about half way through I sat up in the bed through my hands on the rails and said thats it I'm going home!!! My mom said... yeah, little late for that, lay down and push lol.

<====CLICK THE BUTTON TO PLAY!!
(Do you like free stuff? Free Gift Cards to stores like Wal-Mart, Target... and others? How about Cash? Everyone likes free cash! Come join us over at NetWinner and try it out!!! What do you have to lose? Register for Free, play for free, and get free things!!!!)

cmf808
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 5:21 AM
I remember taking a home pregnancy test on a Thursday and it was negative.  I cried and cried because doctors have told me it would be hard to get pregnant.  But the following Monday, something in me told me to take the test again.  Low and behold, it was positive!  My first thought was that my husband was going to flip out!  So many emotions - fear (am I healthy enough to carry this child since I was overweight), insecurity (am I going to be a good mom), anxiety (how do you take care of a newborn), happiness (I'm going to be a mom!) and excitement.  I look at my sweet girl and thank God for an uncomplicated pregnancy (gained only about 5 pounds, no hypertension, natural delivery and a healthy, beautiful baby).  Can't imagine life without her.
NewMom87
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 5:56 AM
a year before falling pregnant I started thinking of having a child and I got so excited and happy about it but my man didn't want a child yet due to future planning (eg. further study etc.) then when I got pregnant and the doctor told me "congrats your pregnant" I bursed in to tears and couldent stop for the next 2 days lol I'm 20 but everybody else older then me give me that look that im to young and don't know anything...even my husband freaked out and thout how on earth can we do this and was thinking of abortion...but I couldent have an abortion and let everybody walk on top of me so I decided to carry on with the pregnancy. now im 25 weeks and I remember when I first heard and so my daughter on the ultrasound and heard her heart beat I bursed in to tears in was such an amasing thing :)) I'm happy very happy but scared to...OMG im gonna have a BABY haha YAY!!!

Owner of Fashion<->Mommy's

harlee629
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 6:46 AM
I was shocked, but excited!
Amanda126
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 6:52 AM
Initially I was so happy and excited. We had only been trying for two months and there I was already pregnant. I thought it would take longer than that.  Then a few days later I started to panic because I am one to have everything planned out and I knew this was going to be a part of my life that I wouldn't be able to plan perfectly. But as the pregnancy went along I became a lot more relaxed.

Made by Laura  Made by Anne  mommy to princess   

winter baby  Baby Fever baby changes everything

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)