Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breast Feeding with bottle

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 6:47 AM
  • 11 Replies
Hi Everyone, I'm a new grandmother, I have a question and in need of help, my daugher of course is breast feeding, and going to work next week, the last 3 weeks I've been going to her house and trying to feed the baby with a bottle and she won't take it,  I'm looking forward to watching her, it breaks my heart and of course my daughters also, I don't want the baby to cry so hard not wanting that bottle but she has to eat, I was thinking of getting a piece of my daughter clothing and laying it over my shirt, and feeding the baby that way, maybe the smell of clothes will help, any suggests will help.

Of course I didn't breast feed my daughter 33 years ago, so breast feeding and regular bottle feeding is different to me, my daughter and I are both asking anyone, doctors, etc. I'm looking forward to keeping my grandaughter and watching her grow thanks alot
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 6:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mshatch0613
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 6:56 AM

Congrats on being a grandma! try different bottles because my baby was picking on the nipple. i know bottles are expensive but to truly find the baby comfort zone is in the nipple, well in my opinion anyways. Good luck.

devilicious
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 6:59 AM
my sister in law use to breast feed only...she would go to work then come home a few hours later to nurse and then return to work because her baby wouldnt take a bottle at all either.maybe your daughter can work something out with her boss.the baby has to eat....or hey maybe you can bring the baby to her work every few hours for a feeding :) good luck.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

coriadms
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 7:04 AM
Thank You, I asked my daughter is this the only nipples that are in the market she said that's it, I believe before she got the bottles, pump etc... she asked her doctor and she was told where to get these a different stores, well keep trying thanks again
coriadms
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 7:08 AM
Thats a good idea,  she works 10 minutes away from her house, I know she would I'll ask her, as for me I would drive her to her work but I don't drive never have but I'll talk  to her about that thaks
Jennysmith
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 7:12 AM
How old is the baby is the baby?  How long are you baby sitting for?  My son was breastfed and he also refused to take a bottle!!  My husband had to feed him jars of baby fruit and he would feed him baby cereal made with Breast milk.  He was 3 months old.  Some baby's won't take a bottle if the mother is around, if the baby senses her presence, they will want to breast fed and refuse anything else.  I fed my son every morning and then he just had to wait till I got home.  He went from breast feeding right to a sippy cup. 
coriadms
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 7:23 AM
Thanks my granddaugter is 2 mos old, and my daughter said when the father feed her she also didn't take it for about a hour, but then she took it from daddy, but like you said about mom not being their , I'm going over their sat, and trying again feeding her I'll have my daughter leave the house,  or stay in her room may just leaving the house would be better, I don't like her crying so hard thanks
Robin
by Head Admin on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:41 AM

Hi,

Nice to meet you!  You mey want to try different bottles with different types of nipples. 

The Recommended Groups post lists some of CafeMom's most popular groups. You may also want to visit these Cafemom groups...

Breastfeeding Moms
2007 Babies
CafeGrandma Group

To find other groups, click 'find groups' and search for topics...if you scroll down you can search by location, too!

Feel free to say hi and send some friend invitations to the other Moms here.  You may want to check out the post Getting Started - Making Friends.

Glad you're here!Smile
Robin

coriadms
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:38 PM
Hi thanks, I will get different nipples, something has to work any kind of help is helpful thanks again
beautymom123
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:41 PM
try the bottles like advent they sre just like the breast
CatieGreen
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:41 PM
THE SOOTHIE BOTTLES ARE BEST FOR BREAST FEEDING MOMS I USE THEM AND BREAST FEED AND MY BABY LOVES THE BOTTLE ALMOST MORE THAN THE BREAST
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)