Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Busy 15 month little boy i have

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 8:10 AM
  • 5 Replies
Hello all... not sure if this is the right place to ask this but i am in some need of advice.  I have a 15 month little boy who is the sweetest most lovable boy in the world.  Just one problem... he hits and throws things ALL THE TIME.  He will hit anybody...kids, grandmas, grandpa, mom , dad, sisters.  Does not matter.  Not really out of anger just comes up and "smack".  I have tried to grab his hand firmly and say "NO".  Put him in a different location.  Nothing works.  Is this just a phase or is there an easy way to get him to stop.  I can't even put him in the gym daycare in fear they will ban him for hitting babies.

He also throws any object he can get his hands on too.. .same as the hitting we try to say a firm "no" or try to grab the object before he throws it.

Anyway thanks in advace
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 8:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mommychele
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 8:22 AM
Oh the wonderful phase of hitting.  Lucky for you and the punching bags hes abusing, hehe, its a temporary thing.

Get down on his level when he hits and make eye contact and tell him its wrong.
Dont hit as punishment, it confuses them.

Bear with him, it will pass.
mrsetu07
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 8:39 AM

Quoting mommychele:

Oh the wonderful phase of hitting.  Lucky for you and the punching bags hes abusing, hehe, its a temporary thing.

Get down on his level when he hits and make eye contact and tell him its wrong.
Dont hit as punishment, it confuses them.

Bear with him, it will pass.
I totally agree..my son is also 15 months and does the same thing. I even asked his pediatrician if it was normal and he said yes..so I guess we just have to be stern with them and tell them NO when they do it and hope it passes

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Myspace Graphics - Army

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Robin
by Head Admin on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:43 AM

Hi,

Nice to meet you! 

The Recommended Groups post lists some of CafeMom's most popular groups. You may want to visit these Cafemom groups...

Toddler Moms
All about Toddlers
Mommies with 2006 Babies

To find other groups, click 'find groups' and search for topics...if you scroll down you can search by location, too!

Feel free to say hi and send some friend invitations to the other Moms here.  You may want to check out the post Getting Started - Making Friends.

Glad you're here!Smile
Robin

SavanasMom
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:45 AM

my 15 month old has started biting and pulling hair. I think it's a phase, but I do get really firm with her and am working on the time out stair.
cjrkg2002
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:26 PM
thank you all...glad to know i am not alone
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)