Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stressed and undecided!!!!!.......

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:15 AM
  • 12 Replies
 I have no job right now, lost it at the beginning of summer.....still waiting for a few phone calls to tell me weather I have a job or not....thinking about going to school but have no clue what I want to do. I have been to school twice now and both times have dropped out! Am I just a looser??!! The kids are driving me and my fiance up the wall right now!! He is not working right now because he is off every summer but still gets paid! We can't find a babysitter. I have been asking my parents to watch them just for a day or whatever just give us all a break and they keep coming up with these lame excuses!! OMG.....Me and my fiance really need a break and a piece of mind. It has been a stressful and hard summer!!!! Can someone please help me out so I don't go crazy!!! Advice or something!!!!!!! AWWWWW....feel about 15% better right now!!
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SherrieD.
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:09 AM
 I really wish someone would read this because I feel like I'm gonna loose it!! I just would like some advice on what to do and how to find answers I need!! Thnax.
rednavi98
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:14 AM
how old are you? how old are your kids? 
Welcome to the world of motherhood.. in the summer!
Find things to do with your kids - take them to the park or something so they can blow off some steam!  If you can't get a break from them - do something with them!!
sugarbritches
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:17 AM

Take a breath!  I work from home and have my two boys here w/ me all day.  I can't wait for school to start.  I guess that you need to decide on what you want more, school or work?  Make a pros/cons list for yourself.  That is what I did.  My husband is so funny.  He can tell when I am stressed and asks if I need a break - get away.  "Let's go to the beach." he says.  BUT here is the deal, I am still a mom taking care of everyone!!  Not really a break for us moms.  I can sympathize with you and you are more than welcome to vent to me as much as you need to!  Hopefully I can help you out.

orcamom
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:18 AM
Well most church do a type of vacation bible school were you don't ahve to be member and it is usally free.  You might try and look around for one ususally last a week for a few hours a day.  Have you looked into any summer daycamps that would help also.

Hope you get a break soon.
got1n1onthaway
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:21 AM
Well to get a break for both of you with no sitter do you have friends you can go out with and then maybe the next night he do so you can regain some sanity?  And don't think your a loser...  It takes like 2-3 months  down here to find a good job... My hunny has been looking aorund now and he cannot find anything that will pay what the Cost of Living expenses are, it suxs! And I know how it is to have the parnets make excuses, at the begining of summer my mom otld my she'd take my daughter once a week and has only taken her twice in the last few months...  so I feel ya!

* Dana *

baby development

pregnancy

RocioMK
Hun the only thing you can do at this point is try and do things with your children. My parent dont like babysitting either so i dont go out much, but spending the time with your children while you can is the best thing. You dont have to go to places were you pay for things parks or lakes or anywhere close to you that tehy can run around and take some of that energy away.
My daughters were like that wheni didnt work so i made the best of it took them to parks and just walked around the park let them walk. now that i got my job full time i am very glad i spend that time with them because now i cant do it as much. I know you need you times with you man right now but get your kids outside  they will get tired take a nap and there is your 2 hour moment with your honey.
nikhaley
I understand your feelings.  I stay at home with my two all day and some days I get overly stressed. If you have a friend that you can get to watch them for a few hours so that you can have a little time to yourself, that would be really good.  That is what I do.  My friend comes and takes my daughter every couple of weeks so that its just me and the baby, and sometimes she takes both of them so that I can go run errands and pay bills without having to drag both of them in and out of the car.  I also take them to the park or outside to play for a few hours so that they can have some fresh air.
StlMummy
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:23 AM
Try to look at the bright side and I truly mean that... what I wouldn't give to be at home with my daughter right now and my husband. Even though you are w/o a job, at least your hubby is home and is getting paid!  This summer will be gone in the blink of eye and there will be summers when the kids are grown up and want nothing to do with us moms! So...sieze the moment, enjoy the time with the kids before you head back to work or school! Let the man upstairs lead the way and help you with your decision of school versus work. I wish you the very best! :)
sunflychick
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:32 AM
we all have gone and still going thru the same thing...............after a while we all learn how to deal with it without going insane! I know you don't see it that way now....but, stay positive and find things to do with them............ I am the opposite..........I have my MIL and everyone else begging me to let the baby stay with them................but I don't................I am not comfortable with it..................So I pack my kids and take them out.................you need to buy some bubbles for them and go outside................get out of the house!!!! Summer is almost over.............you will be ok....................
Hope this helps.............And talking is good.................any of us are here if you need too!
success1
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:06 PM
Hi SherrieD,

I understand where you are. I myself work from home with a 22 month old and a 6 year old as well as I'm 7 months pregnant.We have no family or friends as we recently relocated and sometimes it gets tough. 
One thing I would like to share with you that I started with my children yesterday is putting them  and myself on a schedule. It's only two days now and I feel much better and they seem to like it too. I think if your folks are'nt helping out with the kids you guys could  maybe take turns as far as each other having a night out.
Do you guys take vacations,like out of state?
I know you said you're not working now, do you think stress could be coming from that also. I'd be more than happy to share what it is I do from home with you, maybe this could be helpful as far as living a lifestyle thats less stressful. I also have a mentor who has 4 kids at home and is able to equip you with some principles to destress and enjoy your summer. Let me know if you'd like those links. And least but definitely not last I get up and have devotion and pray prior to my kids getting up. Need a friend...keep in touch.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)