Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

moms do all the work at home?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:35 AM
  • 2 Replies
my hubby works 24-7 literally 7 days a wk i know he works hard but when he comes home he thinks he don't have to do anything. Hes a very hard worker and does support us but i need some time to myself to . I cannot even take a shower by myself, i do the dinner, laundary, dishes, baths, clothing, shopping, naps, play time, cleaning, dusting, everything he doesn;t even give him a bath. HES A great dad and husband but he always wants to relax or play poker on the computer, never wants to move or do anything what  can i do to make him do anything , i don;t mind doing everything but i need some time to myself at least to take a shower. it seems like we never spend time together,
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Brandywine79
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:12 PM
You should try to set up a date night with the 2 of you only. Do you have someone you trust to watch the baby? Even if it is once a month it will help you and DH stay connected....alone time is a must! As far as time to yourself at home....maybe you could make a list of the things that still need to be done when he gets home in the evening. Ask him to pick 2 or 3 of them. Also, you could wait until baby is asleep to take a shower....or tell your husband that 1 hour in the evening you need him to take over, this would be good for baby to bond with dad also, so you can take a shower, long bath, read a book or just whatever you want to do. 1 hour shouldnt be that hard. He probably doesnt realize what hard work it is to stay at home and do everthing else....you are both working 7 days a week...just b/c you dont leave the house to work doesnt mean its not work. You will just have to communicate with him and hopefully he will understand.
ZAI
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:09 PM
I really understand what your going thru because is the same here. I do everything  and i can't even  remember when was the last time we had a night out the two of us.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)