Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

switching to a big bed help???

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:38 AM
  • 5 Replies
Ok so my sons only a little over a year old but he can already climb out of the crib even after I lowered it all the way down. He is my fist child and I am clueless on somethings that are suppose to happen so I'm looking for some advice. When do you chnge your baby from a crib to a toddlers bed??
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
brandymay07
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:41 AM
well my son is 19 months old and is not yet in a big bed.... but he doesnt climb out of the crib either.  I think for your child's own safety (so he doesnt get hurt climbing out)  It is time to get him into a bed.  Im not looking foreward to doing that, so let me know how it goes!  I am worried he will not stay in bed, guess we will tackle that one when the time comes.  good luck!

armywifey14
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:45 AM
we switched my son to a bed at 18 mos. he wasn't climbing out but i ended up having my daughter early, and we switched him to avoid having 2 cribs. we got a little race car bed which is really low to the ground. he was fine right from the start. but we did child proof his dresser( take the handles off) and put the child saftey things on the inside door knob( so he cant leave his room in the middle of the night).
WiseMommy
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:50 AM
Well we switched my son when he was about 16 months old....He didn't climb but we found a toddler bed at a garage sale and bought it....Dylan (my ds) had fell asleep on the ride home so my husband went in and took the crib out and put the bed in....He woke up in that bed and never seemed to notice the difference!...One thing if you do do the switch, put a baby gate across his doorway while he sleeps that way if he gets up when you aren't you don't have to worry about hi wandering around the house!...Good luck!Lilypie Baby Ticker
Lilypie Baby Ticker
hailnbray
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:12 PM
as soon as my daughter could climb out of her crib i took her out she hated the toddler bed so she went right into a twin i bought the side rails so she can't fall out we didnt have a problem at all with it she stayed put she didnt get up and down all night i gave a few books or dolls then after she would fall asleep id take them out and she is going to be 4 in september and thats still what we do he's still alittle young but its nice to let them pick out there blankets but if he shows intrest in spiderman or something gow itht hat
hines1
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:49 PM

i would do it now since he can climb out of the crib
Lilypie 4th Birthday TickerLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)