Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

9 mos or 10 mos Pregnant???

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:01 PM
  • 7 Replies
Ok. So I had to come on and make a post real quick. I will have to check back later for replies. So ..... today makes me 6 mos preg. And well my due date is Nov 14th. So if my due date is Nov 14th that would mean I'd be pregnant for 19 mos and not 9. Thats not correct right? So that would mean Im due Oct (I think 17th). WOAH! If so that means I have a month less to prepare and that will make me so damn anxious even more. And I will be upset with my ob too. That would mean they cant go by the last time I had my period. Which since I was hemorraghing the first few months that so called period could have been hemorragh. I dunno .... I am lost. But whats for certain is how far along I am. They measured me and everyting to the point where I know the exact day that I turn which week and today makes me 24 wks aka 6 mos. Well I have another ultrasound this Monday July 30th and I am going to have them make sure again even though Ive been measured a few times with the many ultrasounds I have had. Ok some insight please!! Thank u!
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
bryleighsmommy
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:04 PM
you are pregnant technically for 10 mos, bevause yoyu have to go through the ninth month.

~Proud Mommy & Future Wife To Bryleigh & Mike~ The ABSOLUTE LOVES of my life!

2007mommy2be
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:05 PM
Oh really? LOL! So I have to go thru the 9th month? LOL! Wow. Then I wonder why they say 9 months of being preg instead of 10? LOL! Ok cool .... lol! I was nervous and a bit upset wondering wth was goin on! LOL! Thank u!
Quoting bryleighsmommy:

you are pregnant technically for 10 mos, bevause yoyu have to go through the ninth month.

~Proud Mommy & Future Wife To Bryleigh & Mike~ The ABSOLUTE LOVES of my life!

jliese
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:06 PM
Out of curiosity did you have an ultrasound during the first 12-14 weeks of you pregnancy? When I was pg with #3 when I went in for a confirmation on viable pregnancy I thought i was about 10 weeks along but I was only 8 weeks, my ovulation cycles are totally messed up. My ob said that during the first 12-14 weeks they can tell exactly how far along you are because during that time all babies develop the same. With #2 I was 42 1/2 week pregnant before I had her. One week from being 10 mos pregnant!!
jrawhoof
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:08 PM
the easiest way to say it is there are 4 weeks in one month you are pregnant for 40 weeks 40/4=10, so technically you are going to be pregnant for 10 months...its crazy i know but congrats
hollie7896
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:08 PM
the months r weird,  they ay 9 months but it really works out to be 10.  that is y it is easier to go by weeks.  bc u figure 40 weeks  ,  there r some added days in the month more t han 28 (4 wks in month)  this is y it gets screwed up and seems like 10 months,  hope this made some sense  if confused send me a message and i will try to b more making sense
sophie_sue24
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:10 PM

thats why docs usually go by the 40 wk system now...its confusing i know...but when you get to your 9th month your only 8 months fully prego....does that make sense...kinda like telling time...you have to get the full hour....does that make sense??
TxCynDoll
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:10 PM
40 weeks +10 months...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)