Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby shower games????????

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:04 PM
  • 19 Replies
Ok ... again I will have to get to the replies a lil later but I need to know some ideas for baby shower games. And just a baby shower in general. I am having mines soon. I am 6 mos along. First, when do yall think a baby shower should be thrown? In which month? This is my first child (a boy) YAY! Just what I wanted. But yeah .... I have no clue what to do for a baby shower. My friend and I are like huh? And funny thing is .... she has a son and she had a shower and I went to it. LOL! We just all hung around .. I barely remember it. It was like 6 or 7 yrs ago. LOL!
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sarahg122606
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:12 PM
I had my first baby shower in my ninth month and my second baby shower in my eight month but I would say that it would probably be better to have it a little earlier so that if you don't get evrything that you need at your baby shower then you will have plenty of time to buy what you have left to buy. Some of the games that I played were the one where everyone has to guess how many pieces of toilet paper will fit around you, and another one is guessing how much you weigh if you would want to do that, there is another one that my mom did that involved clothes pins but I am not sure how that one went. Good Luck and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! 

Lilypie Baby TickerLilypie Baby Ticker
brandesha
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:16 PM

Rob Your Neighbor
contributed by Melissa P

What you need: two metal pie pans (or plastic plates), four dice, a big pile of wrapped prizes, a timer.

This game usually begins very lady-like and ends up somewhat cutthroat as everyone tends to get a little competitive with all the activity going on and time running out.

Begin by placing everyone's chairs in a circle. Pile the prizes up in the middle of the circle on the floor. Two dice are placed in each pie pan. One pie pan gets passed around the circle clockwise, the other goes counter-clockwise. As the pie pan reaches each guest, s/he rolls the pair of dice. Every time a 6 is rolled, the guest can take a prize from the pile. If two 6's are rolled, they can take two prizes.

Once all of the prizes are gone out of the center, each time a 6 is rolled, the person who rolled it can steal a prize from anyone else. Things start going really fast around this time, since you have pie pans being passed in both directions (you might roll a 6, and then have another pie pan passed to you from the other direction before you even have a chance to stand up). There are times when you roll a 6 and get up to steal someone's prize, and before you can return to your seat, someone else has rolled a 6 and is stealing your prize away!

Continue "robbing your neighbor" with every 6 rolled until time runs out (however long you decided ahead of time the game would last - 5 or 10 minutes maybe). Then guests unwrap whatever prizes they end up with when time has run out.

One thing we always do is include a roll of toilet paper as one of the prizes. Wrap this one very prettily and the people who helped plan the baby shower get to secretly laugh while everyone fights over this prize - and all the guests get a good laugh too when the toilet paper prize has been opened. There is this sense of anticipation while everyone is finding out just what exactly they have all been fighting over.

Enjoy!

brandesha
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:18 PM

Feel Up
contributed by Cheryl

Two guests stand in the middle of the room facing each other. The hostess or a designated person then blindfolds each player. The hostess then strategically places 5 clothespins on each player. The players then must "feel up" the other player to find the clothespins on the other player. Whoever gets the most clothespins in the designated time (usually 1 minute) is the WINNER! Lots of laughs!

mommahall951
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:22 PM
this one always is a hit at our showers....hide A BUNCH of those tiny safety pins in a bowl of rice and blindfold each player and time them and see how many pins they can find.....
mamamontoya
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:23 PM
congrats! one fun game is get thick white clothe cut into triangles on one only in the middle of the triangle place a small squirt of mustard. fold the triangles up to make a little diaper and close them with little safety pins. Just make sure the mustard cant be seen. when someone shows up at the door have someone there to pin a diaper on them and tell them not to look at it. later when you do the games, tell everyone to open their diapers to find the poopy one and they get a prize. also you can get baby bottles fill them up with juice or water have a bottle sucking contest. whoever finishes first also gets a prize.  Well, Good Luck & God Bless!!
Daycia
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:24 PM
you could try this game....it's kind of gross but it's cool.
You take a mini candy bar and smash it in a diaper and then have all the guest guess what kind of candy it is by tasting it with lil' spoons or a toothepick and smelling it and whoever guesses the most right wins a prize.
You could also have everyone guess how big your belly is with toilet paper and whoever comes closest or gets it right wins.
Also the "Baby" game; Everyone gets a baby pin as soon as they walk in the door and if someone catches them saying "baby" the person who catches them gets the persons pin(s) and whoever has the most pins at the end of the day wins.
If you have a Party City near you they have lil' books with lots of baby shower games in it. Good luck!

netalynn
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:25 PM
One of my friends threw a babyshower and she got baby scratch of tickets whoever won won a price she got them off ebay...I thought that was a cute idea and different...
buckeyegrl5
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:25 PM

I just went to a couples baby shower on Saturday and they did the best game. The guys all lined up in chairs and were each given a balloon to blow up. Then they had to put it in their shirts and try to tie their shoes, lol. The first one to do this won. It was hilarious to watch. They all had to untie their shoes first and those without shoelaces had a piece of ribbon put around the middle of their foot and tied into a knot so that they could tie it in a lace. It made for fun pictures.

Baby bingo is always a fun one. Make copies of a blank bingo board on a piece of paper. People fill in what they think the gifts will be and then as they are opened up they cross off their choices until they get a bingo. Then you can do a coverall for another gift for the first one to get their bingo paper all filled in.

The whole ribbon or toilet paper game to guess how big the mama's belly is around is always fun to do. You cut a piece of ribbon to the length that you think her belly is at the biggest part or you tear off tp to that length. The closest to the right size wins.

They also did a new game I had never seen before at this shower and that is taking cheap diapers and putting a different candy bar in each one. The candy bar is smashed and the diapers are numbered. Everyone has a piece of paper numbered with the amount of diapers (theirs was 10) and then you guess what candy bar is in the diaper. I think they had taken the lil mini sized candybars to do this. It was different and it was funny. I took some pics of my mom with her face down in a diaper smelling the candybar, lol. I would definitely do this one at a shower that I was planning. It was pretty fun and differnet.

Good luck!

newmama07
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:26 PM
some of the games at my showers were...
have the guests guess how big u are by cutting a piece of ribbon the length they think will fit around u

if u have already chosen a name for your boy, write it down and see how many words you can get out of that name

"fill in the blank" with nursery rhymes (the extdended versions)

also, give everyone a piece of paper and have them hold it behind their backs, while ripping out a baby boy... its interesting to see what some people come up with
Mrs_Lidwell
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:27 PM
I had my second babyshower (had two because my family doesnt live close to me and they wanted to throw a shower for us... so we had one there and one here) 1 week before my son was born... and he was born on time! any who... the one game we had that really sticks out in my head was when everyone tried to guess how many squares of toilet paper it would take to wrap around my belly!

My mommy works from home... and so can YOU! www.TryOurBenefits.com/makemoney.htm  or www.dawnlidwell.simpleasabc.com/promo

No Dental Benefits? No Medical Benefits? Not Enough Benefits? Check Out This Site!  www.dawnlidwell.onesimplecard.com/promo 

We've got affordable, hypoallergenic soaps, shampoos, skin care products and more! Great stuff! Come check us out! http://dawnlidwell.waterrosecreations.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)