Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holes in the backyard are dangerous

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:47 PM
  • 4 Replies
Yesterday my 6 yr. old son was in the back yard digging a hole. I go and check on him about every 10-15 minutes, if I go out more often he yells at me. But anyway, I went out and checked on him came back in for about 5 minuets when his little brother starts banging on the door. I go out to see what has happen and my youngest is saying that his bubba is stuck. I look over and my 6 yr. old is stuck head first in the hole he was just digging. He is in it up to his hips head first with his arms at his side, kicking to try to get out of it but not having any luck. I had to pull his feet to get him out of the hole. He was cover in dirt! He had so much dirt in his hair that I had to wash it 3 times to get it out, he had dirt in his eyes to bad that he couldn't see, he had it in his nose and in his mouth. He throw up dirt and everything! He is fine now thank God! I asked him why he was in the hole like that and he said that our dog dropped his ball down there and he was getting it for him. I wen out and looked at the hole after things had clammed down, the hole was about 2 foot deep and about 1-1/1/2 foot wide. My husband has filled it in and we have had a long talk with our son about never getting into a hole again. I never thought that I needed to tell him to stay out of holes and stuff like that. i guess I have always focused on stranger danger, staying away from snakes, staying out of the leaves in the back yard, things like that. I just want ed to put this up and let everyone know that these almost freak things do happen and if it wasn't for angle being with both of my kids the out come could have been very bad. God was with them yesterday, I mean He is everyday, yesterday I just saw it more.
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
brandymay07
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:09 PM

wow, thats scarey.  how did the hole get so deep, what were they using a backhoe?  how old are the kids?  i guess danger is really in our own back yards............
goatmom4
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:12 PM
boy that remiinds me  of that one little girls that   fell down backyard well     she is fine now but they are hard to keep safe the minute they    can crawl
desertmom3
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:16 PM
I have tons of holes in my backyard. Everytime we filled them in...our older dog goes and digs it, again. She is after the gofers. We have tried everything to get rid of those critters. Hoping the construction of new houses in the back of house gets rid of the gofers.  So, basically, our youngest does not go in our backyard that much...untill we can figure out how to get our dog to stop digging. Glad to hear your son is ok! Hugs!

Thelma and Doug

Christi_n_Elli
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:21 PM
"staying out of the leaves in the back yard,"

jumping in leaves used to be the best part of the year for me!!! me and my brothers used to rake the leaves into a pile and jump off the porch roof into them. then one brother broke his foot and another got lymes disease (from the ticks), I decided that even though it was super fun I would never let my daughter jump in leaves!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)