Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need teething help.

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:50 PM
  • 6 Replies
My son is 6 months old and has his 2 front bottom teeth.  He has had them for 2 and 1/2 weeks.  The rest of his teeth seem to be trying to come through all at once.  He is not sleeping at all at night, and it has been rough on my husband and I.  He is not up screaming, just a little fussy and sounds uncomfortable.  I have given him teething tablets, tylenol, wet rag, toys, teethers, my hand to chew on; and nothing seems to be working.  We aren't getting any sleep and i want him to be comfy.  Any advice?  Btw - my first child didn't do this.  They are so different, I feel like a first time MOM again.
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
NursingStudent
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:52 PM
It sounds like you have tried all of the things I know to try.  i would just make sure that he doesnt have an ear infection or something else that is bothering him.  Goodluck!

Scrapping With Friends

devilicious
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:53 PM
maybe the dr can suggest something that would be safe to "knock him out" just a little.poor thing is probably just as tired as mama

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

MKbyRebekah
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:55 PM
Try a popcycle. Keep it in the wrapper but let him chew on it. This will numb his gums for a while and keep him comefortable without giving him a lot of medicine. I had a friend who had her first son and he was doing the same thing. Nothing worked. She came over here with him. I gave him a popcycle with the wrapper still on it. He chewed it for a little while then fell asleep. The best thing is that they are CHEAP! So give it a try and let me know how it works! Good luck!
ROBIN99
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:56 PM

U SHOULD TRY RUBBING A DAB OF WHISKEY ON HIS GUMS, MY PEDIATRICIAN TOLD ME TO DO THAT AND IT WORKED CAUSE IT NUMBS THEM JUST LIKE THE ORAJEL BUT IT TASTES BETTER.
lapayasa
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:54 PM
My dr gave my daughter tylonel 3 with codine and she did very well with. Her teeth cause her so much pain. she wouldnt eat or sleep for days on end.

BethJordan
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:00 PM
my son Patrick was the same way and I did the same things you are doing except the teething tablets but anyhow all I did was cradle him in my arms after I had given him some night-time orajel and some tylenol. I call the night time ritual a loo-loo where I would hold him close to my chest and say "ah" as I either rocked in back in forth in the rocking chair or swaying from side to side.  Other than that he was quite content till about 9 am. I wish you both the best in trying to soothe him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)