Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Venting!!!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:16 PM
  • 9 Replies
So I dropped my son off at day care and the director happened to be there and making small chat she asked how my son was doing with table food.  He eats like a pro just about everything we put in front of him.  I mentioned to her that I was going to switch him to whole milk in a couple weeks and she told me I couldn't.  The state requires them to be on formula until their 1st bday.  Well forget that, my son is ready to switch before then and that's what I intend on doing.  He gets plenty of the things he needs from the table food and I don't see how weaning him 2 weeks early is going to do anything.  I would wean him earlier but we're going on vacation next week and it would be too much to handle.  Also, my pediatrician said don't give him nuts until well after a year and yestaurday they gave my son a pecan swirl.  You're gonna tell me I can't switch my son to milk 2 weeks early and you're gonna give him nuts?!?!  You gotta be kidding.  Thanks for letting me vent!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
BlueFrogMama
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:18 PM
Wow, it seems really crazy to me that that would be a state law. And I'd be a little upset with the daycare for giving him nuts without asking first. In the case of an unknown allergy, that could have been fatal!
YHB
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:19 PM
She needs to mind her own business. I would bring up the pecan swirl to her too. That could potentially be dangerous!  I hate when people try and tell you what you can and can't do. I don't mind advice, but don't be bossy.  Do what you want!!!!   :)
got1n1onthaway
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:21 PM
The state cannot mandate something like that, she is crazy! If you do switch him, make sure you keep close watch on the daycare and make sure he is getting the Milk and not the formula... And I would throw the pecan swirl in there for kicks too...

* Dana *

baby development

pregnancy

jrsmommie
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:25 PM
The WIC lady told me when my son is late 10 months early 11 months to start giving him some milk like and 1 oz and then the rest formula and keep bumping it up so he can get used to it before he is a year.

Erikamomof2
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:26 PM
  1. WOW!!!!! She really over-stepped her bounds. I don't blame you for being upset.
SavanasMom
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:26 PM

state mandate? seriously?
You're the mommy and I don't see anything wrong with what you're doing!!
sfox1
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:29 PM
That is crazy...them give your child nuts..i would so talk to them about that...

To realize that one do not understand is a virtue; Not to realize that you do not understand is a defect. The reason why The sage has no defect, Is because he treats defects as defects. Thus, He has no defects.
tiggersmile
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:33 PM
wow.. do you go to the daycare that I used to work at, because seriouly, that director sounds the same as my old boss.

Directors of daycares, (I've worked at a few) always seem to want to tell people how to raise their child.  I worked in the baby room, and we had a parent who wanted her child to switch to regular milk, and the director said she couldnt unless she brought her own milk.  I understand that to an extent, but we have our own milk at the daycare, and the director said that if the baby ran out of the milk that her mom brought, then we had to just give her water!!.. we could not give her our own milk that we used for the other kids at the daycare.

Seriously, give you child milk, and tell that director to shove it.. LoL.. also, they should get in trouble for giving your baby peanuts.
StlMummy
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:34 PM
I don't understand how the state could mandate what you give your child...is this some type of state funded daycare? Obviously government can not tell you what you can and can not eat/drink so it really doesn't make sense what this worker told you. As far as the pecan swirl, I would be going NUTS over that...pardon the pun. I can not believe they would even serve that in a daycare with all the nut allergies that exist...it is potentially fatal. No offense...I think I would find a new daycare!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)