Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just telling about my year

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:53 PM
  • 9 Replies

Has 2007 been crazy for anyone else other than me? I live a simple life, and each year always seems the same.. last year was a whorl-win because of my wedding.. but this year has just been nutty.  Here is my 2007 play-by-play from month to month::

January: 6 months into marriage.. going great.. get a call asking for me to babysit 2 children for a few days.. few days turns into few weeks..

February: few weeks turn into 2 more kids and I get temp. custody of 4 children and lose my job because of it

March: Mom moves away from Alabama to PA

April: the 4 kids get a more permanent home and I try to find a job and I get a puppy to help me over my sadness

May: Puppy becomes my kid.. get a job lead, take the placement test and pass.. interview in a few weeks

June: job lead put a hiring freeze on the company.. still looking for a job.

July:  hubby and I decide to look for a house to buy, 1 week later, we buy a house.. 2 days later, old job lead calls back and set up an interview.

So, do we think it will get better or worse as the year rolls on??

by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
FLAngel981
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:55 PM
I hope for your sake it gets better!

My year has been no where near as crazy. Quit my job the end of March. Had Logan in April. Going home to stay with the parents from Oct-Jan while my hubby is in school for the Army.

~*~Joanne~*~

itzjustbabyfat
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:56 PM
My life has had a whirl wind of events too!.. Slowly but surely there getting okay... but I know it's going to be a while before things are great. I hope yours are on an upward slope and that things will calm down for you and go the way you want.
eyegirl
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:01 PM
I've had a crazy year too.In March we were broken into 3 days in a row.Everything of value stolen as well as other things(food,laundry soap,towels etc.)Found out we were pregnant in April,May we had my husbands middle daughter move in with us shes18,Juns surgery to remove cyst.Today I found out that its going to be 4 more weeks before I can go back to work.I'm due in Nov.so I just may not go back.
Ewalani
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:02 PM
Wow that is crazy!  I would say hopefully things mellow out but you never know.  I do hope you end up getting the job that you are wanting that's for sure.  Hopefully your four legged friend is keeping you busy!

sfox1
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:03 PM
My year havent been like yours but..things change for me...I got my driving license finally (after 7 yrs of non driving). My hubby and I got our first home...woohoo...We dont have to go to the hopsital anytime soon.I going to help out my Sister-in-law, watching her children(daycare expensive,especialy for 2 kids)So this yr for many is going to be exciting...

To realize that one do not understand is a virtue; Not to realize that you do not understand is a defect. The reason why The sage has no defect, Is because he treats defects as defects. Thus, He has no defects.
TJones32
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:04 PM
My year has also been crazy but I know things happen for a reason and they will get better.  You have had a really crazy year but I think things will settle down.

Hugs,
Tracee

BlueFrogMama
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:22 PM
I can relate...
I started a new career while pregnant with my first child, lost my mother to cancer (and was her primary caregiver for the last month of life, as well planned her funeral), lost my cat to cancer, lost my husband's grandfather to a collection of illnesses, left my new career to deal with all this other fun stuff, moved with my husband to a new state so he could take a better job, and then had a baby and became a SAHM in a city where I don't know anybody or have any friends. It's been fabulous.
RebeccaGrace
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:25 PM

Wow youreally have had a heck of a year. You are a GREAT person though tot take on 4 children that aren't even yours. It HAS to get better.

Rebecca FennerUsborne Books Independant Consultant WWW.UBAH.com/P2689 izzybusybug@yahoo.com        

tiggersmile
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 10:31 PM
thanks for all of the comments!!
I did go on a job interview friday, so hopefully they will call soon.

I do not consider myself a great person for taking the kids.. I just did what I had to do for those kids.  I have always been their babysitter, and I took care of the 12 year old for the most part when she was a baby, since her mother was only 13 (by the way, I was only 11 when she was born).  I woke up with her in the middle of the night, changed most of her diapers.  I just kinda assume they are my children as well.  Now, they are happy.  They got split up, the two older with an aunt, and the two younger with a cousin.. but they are just as happy as can be.

I'm wating to close on my new house on the 17th.. so yah, so far my year is getting alot better!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)