Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! I get attacked if I leave my house!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:12 PM
  • 12 Replies
So...we have hornets!  We can't find the nest and there is one that gaurds our house.  If i go out the front door it chases me into the street, if i go out the back it chases me into the backyard.  We can't even play outside!  It chases off birds and even rabbits that come near the house!  I don't know what to do!  Oh, and I'm DEATHLY allergic to bees.  we're talkin I carry an epi pen... I'm scared to death it's gonna get me or one of the kids!

We make plans so God can laugh...

by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CatieGreen
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:22 PM
GET A HOES AND SPRAY AT THE NEST IF YOU CAN FIND IT OR GET FOGGER AND PRAY IT TOWARD THE HORNETS WHEN THEY TRY TO GET YOU.
BlueFrogMama
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:24 PM
You need an exterminator. And now. They could be in your walls. You could also see if you can find a local beekeeper to help out.
sarahg122606
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:25 PM
They sell wasp and hornet spray that will spray really far so that you don't have toget close to them to spray them. You can also find a cheap exterminator that will take them away.

Lilypie Baby TickerLilypie Baby Ticker
precious321
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:27 PM
Call pest control  to find it and get rid of it I know it costs money but your life is woth it. and it dose not cost that much.
hugs
Trisha
momma_2_3
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:27 PM
There should be someone you can call to come out ... and treat the problem..... be careful....I am not sure who it is but it should be pretty easy to find out

ConelsMommy
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:28 PM
Awwww you poor guys.  I would call the exterminator!!!!  I'm not about to take matters into my own hands being that allergic to bees- NO WAY!!!!!!!   Tell him to check the entire house and get rid of these things.  If you rent this should be at your land lords expense- if not- hopefully its not too expensive :(
KailisMomma
oh god.. whatever you do, DONT spray them with a hose. water does nothing to them. call an exterminator thats experienced with bees and hornets.
Quoting CatieGreen:

GET A HOES AND SPRAY AT THE NEST IF YOU CAN FIND IT OR GET FOGGER AND PRAY IT TOWARD THE HORNETS WHEN THEY TRY TO GET YOU.

risum3

Quoting BlueFrogMama:

You need an exterminator. And now. They could be in your walls. You could also see if you can find a local beekeeper to help out.
I agree!!!

Francine68
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:31 PM
Exterminate professionally. You will feel so much safer. We had hornets living under the shingles right by the patio doors, it freaked me out.
jokermomma
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:31 PM

Quoting sarahg122606:

They sell wasp and hornet spray that will spray really far so that you don't have toget close to them to spray them. You can also find a cheap exterminator that will take them away.

Lilypie Baby TickerLilypie Baby Ticker
We have sprayed the 'guard' with that stuf...he comes right back!  it's a freakin tank!  we can't find the nest to spray that!

We make plans so God can laugh...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)