Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All she does is cry!!!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:37 PM
  • 7 Replies
Okay ladies, I need some help. My daughter just got back from her Grammie's this past Sunday. She spent 4 weeks there and slept in the same bed with her Grammie. Now getting her to fall asleep here at home is horrible. She cries and cries and cries, saying that she misses her Grammie. Last night we stayed up until midnight laying on her bedroom floor just so she could fall asleep. Today she talked to her Grammie for a good hour this morning. No tears. And as soon as she got off the phone she's been acting out and crying on and off all day. We just don't know what to do. Keep in mind that she's only 6. We tell her over and over that we love her and it's okay that she misses her Grammie and we know that Grammie misses and loves her too. And that they're still together in their hearts and she'll she her again soon. She'll be here in October  for Halloween and then again for christmas. I feel so helpless and heartbroken.

Do you ladies have any suggestions on how to help her cope and get her to fall asleep before say 9pm?

The Love's Of My Life
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
buddahsangel
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:45 PM
Well it sounds like grandma let her get away with alot.  Like staying up later then she should be.  Besides sleeping in the same bed, what did Grandma do?
Brandywine79
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 2:58 PM
Have you tried giving her a picture of Grammie? Maybe she could set it by her bed or even sleep with it! Worth a shot I guess. 
MKbyRebekah
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 3:01 PM
This was what came to my mind as well!
Quoting Brandywine79:

Have you tried giving her a picture of Grammie? Maybe she could set it by her bed or even sleep with it! Worth a shot I guess.

lil_kim_413
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 3:09 PM
sounds to me like she got a little extra attention from grammie which is what grammies do and now that she is home she is having a hard time adjusting back to the normal routine try letting her call her grammie or write her grammie letters and get a picture or grammie and put it next to her bed or under her pillow so that way grammie is still right there sleeping with her have grammie write her a letter but i say in a few days she should get readjusted and things should be back to normal
JCuevas
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 3:16 PM

Quoting buddahsangel:

Well it sounds like grandma let her get away with alot.  Like staying up later then she should be.  Besides sleeping in the same bed, what did Grandma do?
she does let her get away with murder but she's only 6 and her bm isn't worth a damn as a mother so she feels like she needs to step up an extra bit and fill that void. (it's her bm's mother) plus she usually only gets to see her for a couple of weeks during the summer. but believe me, i understand where you're coming from.

The Love's Of My Life
JCuevas
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 3:18 PM
the phone calls arent really helping because all she does is cry after they hang up. so i'm thinking we need to cut the calls in half some. maybe every other day or something like that. what do you all think? the picture ida is great, i'm going to email grammie and have her send me a picture of her so we can frame it and give it to her

The Love's Of My Life
mom_of_2_cuties
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 3:18 PM
Grammies hold extra special places in kids hearts.  I know my daughter & mom (which she also calls my mom grammy or mam) are very close.  My daughter tell her secrets that she won't tell me or if she's having a problem she says, mom i have to call mam.  My kids are w/ my mom daily while i work.  they have sleep overs 1-2 times a week.  I know at 9pm when i ask my kids if they want to go home, my daughter always says no mom... i'm havin a sleep over.  And... what's really good is we only live a block away.

I also agree w/ the picture thing.. Give your daughter a pic of gram

Kaleigh & her grammy

Feel free to join my groups

http://www.cafemom.com/group/kidswhodontpoop -
http://www.cafemom.com/group/loestrin24FE -
http://www.cafemom.com/group/tubesinears -
http://www.cafemom.com/group/bitchclub -

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)