Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This can't be normal?...

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 3:31 PM
  • 18 Replies
God love him but my son is so clumsy! He's 19 months old and smart as can be but he hits his head all the time! Whether it be get out from under the table or just from falling. Should I be conserned, should I purchase a crash helmet? I'm afraid someone will say something one day because he has so many bruises on his head. It's a constant battle my son versus the table or some other piece of furniture!!!!
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
got1n1onthaway
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 3:34 PM
AWW... I am not sure if that is normal or not... I cannot remember my daughter doing that, but we did tell her to watch a lot when she go into things... So maybe a crash helmet for a little bit unless it gets worse...

* Dana *

baby development

pregnancy

lovelymom2
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 3:36 PM
I don't know if this helps or not, but my daughter who will be 6 next month is the most clumsy person i know.  She has always been that way.  Her kindergraden teacher even asked us about it.  LOL
RebeccaGrace
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 3:36 PM
My daughter is 4 and does the same thng. My brother has always told me I jinxed her by naming her Grace but I guess its normal.

Rebecca Fenner
Usborne Books
Independant Consultant
WWW.UBAH.com/P2689
izzybusybug@yahoo.com        

Momoftwinkies
by Silver Member on Jul. 25, 2007 at 3:37 PM
My 2 year old still does it. She also walks into walls cause she's not paying attention.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

anetrnlov
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 3:38 PM
I would say that it is very normal.  Bryce was very clumsy at that age and Noah is 18 months now and some days I wonder how even manages to walk he is so clumsy.  LOL  He doesn't go a day without hurting himself somehow. 

http://www.workathomeunited.com/chasacochran
jacobsproudmom
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 3:40 PM
i think that its normal because my almost two yr old does it all the time. there is nothing wrong with him. but hes just a boy and thats what he likes to do, i dont encourage it but he just doesnt look to see where he is going or what he is doing. so its ok as long as he is not doing it to make himself bleed.

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics
monkeyrhea
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 3:40 PM
My son is 12 months and is constantly hitting his head.  He doesn't even react anymore because he is so used to it. LOL!!  For about 2 months he walked around with a huge goose egg on his forehead.  He bumped his head and then when that knot went away he bumped it again.  You wouldn't believe the stares.  We also had a lot of parents tell us that they went through the same thing so that made us feel better :)
Bigmama4Jesus
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 3:43 PM
From the looks of the other replies our children are not abnormal. Cheyenne has done this a few times also. She is only two. I think the main problem is the are so busy playing and so young that being safe is the last thought they have. Lol, Cheyenne even gets upset with me when I stop her from what she is doing to stop her from hurting herself.

http://www.baby-gaga.com/"> src="http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/t/catcatsvi20050706_-6_My+child+is.png" alt="baby" border="0">

ConelsMommy
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 3:43 PM
Poor kiddo- mine was the same way.  I had to like OCD style child proof my home.  Meaning the coffee table went to storage and other end table type things.  Child gates were at every door way- and my friend actually made a cover for their fire place because her boy fell right on the corner and gashed his head :(  I would say get all of the little gadgets they make to child proof stuff and just pray- LOL!  I'd tell your doc too- but I bet he'd say he's a boy and this is what they do- LOL!  Good luck! 
dustinsmom1
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 3:44 PM
   Yep, thats my Dustin too, smart as a whip, but he inherited his mothers "grace" gene! We don't worry too much, we have self stick pads on the worst of the corners and just hold our breath w/ the rest! He still knocks his noggin, but I think its all part of growing up!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)