Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Simpsons Movie-posting elsewhere, too

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 3:33 PM
  • 13 Replies
Im just curious how many other moms are struggling with the whole Simpsons Movie thing. They have advertised it to kids so much that my kids can't wait to see it. Our 7-11, only 1 block away, has turned into Simpsons world....they see the commercials all the time and just think it is the coolest thing ever.
They are only 8 and 3 so I have never even let them watch the show. Nor did they even know it existed.  I don't think it is going to be appropriate and it DOES carry a pg-13 rating!  But, since it has been drilled into their little minds for like the last 3 months its all they talk about!!!  I am going to be such a mean mom when i don't let them see it....but oh well i guess, right?
**Oh and hubby see no big deal with them seeing it--big help!!

Glitter Text Generator

by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 3:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anetrnlov
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 3:45 PM
Our kids won't be seeing it at all.  I do not like the Simpsons.  My husband thinks it's weird that I don't but he also agrees that our kids won't be seeing it.  They don't watch the show either.  I personally think it is a cartoon for adults.

http://www.workathomeunited.com/chasacochran
BlueFrogMama
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 3:46 PM
I love The Simpsons and can't wait to see the movie!!! But I would never let a child watch it. It is definitely a show for adults!
desertmom3
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 3:48 PM

The youngest is not allowed to watch it. The older kids do. Not much on it!  

Thelma and Doug

karrey
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 3:49 PM
It is an adult cartoon as is american dad and family guy. These are great to watch as adults, very funny shows that I rarely miss. But-not appropriate for kids, by any means.
TommysMommy04
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 3:50 PM
I love the Simpsons and cant wait to see it this weekend! yes my 2 1/2 yr old son is coming with us.
LeosMama0206
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 3:50 PM
My son is only 18 months, but personally, I don't think the 3 year old would understand anything that was too adult. Being PG13, they probably use the same swears that they say on tv. Pretty soon though, the commercials will stop and they will forget about it if you really don't want them to see it.
ilovemydayja
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 3:55 PM

I don't let my daughter watch the Simpsons.....her father doesn't see anything wrong with it though.  I too think it is more of a show for adults.

MamaAgain
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 3:56 PM
Thanks Moms!!  I agree that it is an adult cartoon...i just wish Nickelodeon, the Disney Channel, and ABC Family Channel---which are ALL advertising it to death--would have realized it, too!!!

Glitter Text Generator

kimchery
by Member on Jul. 25, 2007 at 4:01 PM
   I don't know.  I have a baby, so its not such a big issue on not to let her watch it or not......  But I had to comment because I grew up with the simpsons.  I saw a "skit" of them on Tracy Ullman late one night and I loved them.  I told my mom and she was shocked that I had tuned into that show, but I had a tv in my room at that point.  I think I was 10, or so.  She expressed distaste, but i knew she watched Tracy Ullman also, so even though it was crude and bad for someone my age to watch, I'd still sneak it.  When they made the simpsons more main stream, I was so excited.  Yes, they are kinda bad, but nothing your kids aren't subjected to in school and other places.  Maybe this is just me.  And maybe when my daughter is a little older (a lot??) and she gets interested in the Simpsons, then I'll sweat the desision a little bit.  
kimchery
by Member on Jul. 25, 2007 at 4:06 PM

Quoting karrey:

It is an adult cartoon as is american dad and family guy. These are great to watch as adults, very funny shows that I rarely miss. But-not appropriate for kids, by any means.

I've never seen American dad.  Family Guy...... well, i just think that show is in a whole different league than the Simpsons.  Don't they show that late night only?  (I don't watch a whole lot of TV anymore....)  All I can say is I do like adult cartoons in general, but family Guy disgusts me a good bit at times.  It has made me laugh a time or two, but then I'll see am episode that is so crude I would just rather not watch.  I don't think I'd let a kid of any age watch family Guy, but Simpsons I would consider. 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)