Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The birth of a second child

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 4:04 PM
  • 4 Replies
Hi my name is Elizabeth and I am a new memeber of Cafemom. I was hoping to share a concern and get feedback from anyone out there who had a similiar expirience as me in labor. A couple of my friends that have had more than one child, say that the more you have the faster the labor is. I am alittle concerned because I was in labor for 8 hours but when it came down to it I gave birth in less than 15 minutes. I pushed five time total and she was out. I guess I am just wondering if anyone else has had the same kind of labor and what their labor was like on the next one.

Thanks in advance
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
julianns
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 4:14 PM
my first labor was short like that too..I was only in the hospital for 5 or 6 hrs before I gave birth and I was 10 days early... every dr. i've spoken to says it'll probably be faster and earlier the second time... just b/c you're body is used to it, and depending on how much time is in between baby #1 and #2 your body might not have healed completly and your muscles are still loose. But there are no guaruntees in pregnancy and delivery... My mom gave birth to my sister in under 20 minutes (the lady had ONE contraction) then with me she was in heavy labor for 13 hrs.  Just be prepared for it to happen quickly... keep your bag packed and ready to go.. put the carseat in the car.... and keep a phone with you at all times! It might help to have a family member stay with you when they can towards the end.. so you're not alone Just in case! lol... you never can tell with babies.. they come when they're ready!
Mom_of_8
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 4:17 PM
 Every pregnancy is different. My first went for 36 hours and my second was only 4 hours and each one after that varied from child to child. I would worry yourself over it whatever happens, happens
jel_e_been
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 4:18 PM
It was different with all of mine. I've got 4 kids. I was in labor ..well from the time I got to the hospital to delivery with my first for 6 1/2 hours..and pushed quite a bit. With my second..5 1/2 hours..I didn't have to push with her. I lifted my head twice and she was here. With my 3rd...labor for 10 1/2 hours (no drugs)..and pushed once and she was out. With my son..labor for 18 hours and pushed twice and he was here. It's different for everyone, just be prepared for anything was my motto. lol Good luck!
ladyvamp5489
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 4:38 PM
Every birth is different. I had my 1st one just fine no meds even in 23 hours, my second one i was in labor 16 hours and had an emergency c-cection  and the 3rd was sceduled  c-cection . my best friend had her 1st in less than 5 hrs, 2nd in about 20 min 3rd in about 6 hrs.  My sister had her 1st in 36 hours and her 2nd in about 24 hours!   so everyone and every pregnancy is not the same and very unpredicable!   Good luck on this one! I hope it goes well for you!

Carol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)