Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is This Normal?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 6:08 PM
  • 11 Replies
I am currently 14 weeks pregnant with my second child.  When I was pregnant with my first, my digestive system slowed down but I was still able to go #2 every day.  Now I go like every 2-3 days and it tears my appetite and stomach up.  Is it normal for it to get worse with every successive pregnancy?

Also is it normal to start showing earlier than than the first pregnancy?  I'm already wearing maternity pants.
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mollyhousemouse
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 6:11 PM
Congratulations!
I would start taking a stool softener, and ask your ob/gyn/midwife about another pre natal vitamin.  Sometimes the Iron in them can do that to a gal!  Eeewwwww.
As for showing earlier, I have no idea.  My second pregnancy was twins, so it was different from the get go.
But really, Congrats!

Remember that anything is possible, as Paul wrote to the Philippians, "I can do all things through him who strengthens me." (Phil 4:13 NRSV)

I truly believe that He will help you do anything, if you just remember to ask Him.

aboutmygirls
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 6:14 PM
Are you on a prenatal vitamin...cause that causes constipation. Prenatal vitamins have iron in them...thats what causes it.

Yes, its very normal to show earlier.....sometimes much earlier.

Congrats and good luck!!!
fairymom2316
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 6:17 PM
i was the same with my second one, i wouldnt go to the bathroom for like a week!! every baby is diff, i started showing when i was 7 months but i've seen people start showing even when they are 1month and a half!

suzyQ1978
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 6:24 PM
My second pregnancy I weighed only 105 pounds, which was 10 pounds less than my first, so I definitely showed earlier than my first. I also had problems going #2 with my second one more than I did my first. By the way CONGRATULATIONS!!! 
noahsmommy310
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 7:16 PM
Well it's not contispation that I have a problem with.  I have regular stools I just don't have them for a while.
tropicangela
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 7:19 PM
Hello :)  Mom to 3 boys here.  It's normal for your digestive system to slow down because of the hormones, and it's normal to show earlier w/each pregnancy becaue your muscles are a bit streched and also because you are "full" in the bowels.  Drink lots and lots of water (the entire pregnancy) and eat high fiber foods as much as you can.  Dulcolax is safe during pregnancy, or a glycerine suppository, or even an enema if you really have to.  Nothing to be ashamed of!  Best wishes to you!
buckeyegrl5
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 7:22 PM

As far as the showing early. I definitely did with my 2nd. It seems like I was into maternity pants as soon as I found out I was pregnant.

aknjcp
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 7:31 PM
I know as far as your digestive system goes, every pregnancy is different... Doesn't matter what number - just the pregnancy. Just like you could have morning sickness with one pregnancy and none with another. My mom, for example wasn't sick with me or my brother at all, but for my sister she was sick the WHOLE time! And I know that most women do show earlier with each pregnancy... I know a girl who is currently pregnant with number 3... She is 6 WEEKS and looks how I looked with my dd at 6 MONTHS.

mnredhead
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 7:45 PM
Since every baby and body are different, yes this is very normal!  It is good to go to the #2 at least twice a week, though average people (not pregnant) often do not go every day.  Eat lots of fiber, bananas, a good variety of all foods.  Iron can cause constipation.  Also, try to drink lots of water and take at least a short walk every day.  Movemement will help with stomach irritation.  Also, most people do show early with each pregnancy, since the skin has already been stretched once and is more flexible now.  Takea breath..you and your little miracle are just fine!  God bless you and your family! Congratulations!
MiRanda25
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:31 PM
Well I showed really early with both my pregnancie's. About going #2 I would ask for a different prenatal or if you are open to try new thing's go to the nearest natural health food store and ask them if thay have anything to help you go. You are suppose to go after every meal. When I was pregnant it seemed like it picked up gor me. Congrat's. I hope everything work's out.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)