Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

C-section worries.... docs don't seem to care! Please read....

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 6:13 PM
  • 23 Replies
Something just crossed my mind. Ok so I'm soo big that it looks like I'm due with twins. Well it's just one and he's the right size. The doctors said it's because my hips are so small and he has to sit up high. My cousin is a week ahead of me and her baby is too big and I'm still twice as big as she is. The doctors didn't think I would make it past 36 weeks and that was 3 weeks ago. Everytime I go in for my appointment they are suprised to see me still pregnant. So what I don't get is if my hips are so small, why are they letting him get bigger? Why haven't they induced? They always talk about how small my hips are but yet they aren't doing anything to reduce my chances of a c-section. I'm really getting worried about this!
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 6:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blessedmommy7
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 6:17 PM
well, from experience this is what i can tell you; they're most likely going to wait and induce you when your 42 wks. And they are gonna try to do everything possible for you to have a natural delivery, if for some reason thats not possible, then they'll opt for a c-section. but dont worry, this is all just normal.
I wish you blessings on your special day and may everything go smooth and well.
GBY

honeybear25
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 6:21 PM
if it is true that your hips are too small a c section is noooo biggie i had one and i don't understand all the hype about it.  you don't feel a thing and it is perfectly safe for the mother and child.  i am going to have a second one also there is no way i would choose to have a baby comeout my va-jj anyway i know that is where its supose to happen but it seems sooo painful.  good luck to you.
cherrie_faeries
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 6:22 PM
Your doctor should respect your wishes to deliver naturally, however, if a c-section is necessary it's not as bad as you think. I've had 2 c-sections and the first one was an emergency c-sect. I was a little scared, but we were both fine. If you are a person a faith, just pray to whomever that you trust them and they will assure you that everything will be fine and go how it's supposed to.  If not, just let your motherly instinct kick in enough to tell you that you will be fine and so will your baby.  I'm sure you will have a natural child birth and I will pray for you.
Mina304
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 6:22 PM
They cant induce to early its dangerous for the baby its not ready, I also have very narrow hips or should i say had narrow hips when i was younger but i had your same prob and yes the doc tried for me to have it natural but in the end i had a c-section and its not bad at all in fact i have 5kids now. gd-luck.
tree45
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 6:23 PM
I AGREE WITH THE FIRST POST. THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPEN TO ME WITH MY FIRST. I ENDED UP HAVING TWO C-SECTIONS, HINCE TWO BOYS. RECOVERY IS A LITTLE LONGER BUT NOT BAD AT ALL. GOOD LUCK.

Dolled UpYOU LADIES HAVE A GREAT DAY....

Steph1499
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 6:27 PM
Well  my 1st was  8 12 and  my sec  was 10 2  so when i was about 37 to 38 weeks  they did an ultrasound  and they realized he was pretty big. Now my 1st  all  vaginal  so i know i can do a big baby pretty good.  I researched  c section  alot before  i had mine.  They like you to make it as close as 40 weeks so they know the baby is doing well with the lungs and stuff.  I would ask your doc  next time  do you think the baby is going to be too big and when will you give me a c section if it comes to that.  Go and research it online and some websites will give you questions to ask. Dont worry  im sure everything is fine and good luck with the new one. 
BlueFrogMama
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 7:30 PM
I'm sure they just want the baby to be as well developed as possible before delivery. It's not that they don't care. If it is any comfort to you, I am also very small hipped, and looked like you described, and I did not need a c-section. The baby sat up high and I looked like a beached whale. Everyone thought I'd go early, but I didn't, and he was almost 9 pounds of solid, big-boned kid - very little fat on him and he wasn't very long. The only stretch marks I have are on my hips from the delivery itself. Your hips are designed to seperate for birth. Our bodies are amazing things. Don't underestimate yourself.
tropicangela
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 7:34 PM

Please trust your body and trust birth.  It is best to let your body go into labor naturally and then if you need a section at the last minute, it will be possible.  The only reason to schedule a section would be for a true emergency, and a big baby is not a good reason.  I am actually happy to hear that your docs aren't rushing you into surgery, or to induce.  C-sections are not perfectly safe.  They carry risks.  My best friend is an ICAN chapter leader and has opened my eyes to many things.  LABOR DUST TO YOU!!!

Tangie35055
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 7:35 PM

I was suppose to have my son natural but I was SO scared that I kept hyper-ventalating and I kept telling my Dr that I wasn't having him that way cause I couldn't deal with the pain.. Well, 11 and 1/2 hours later, I have my son via C-section.. There was nothing to it, I didn't feel a thing and I never had any kind of complications afterwards, it took me about 2 days and I was fine !! 

Oh, and I had a healthy, gorgeous 7 pound 6 ounce bundle of joy !!   With a head full of hair ...

NEWMOMOF1
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 7:36 PM

Quoting honeybear25:

if it is true that your hips are too small a c section is noooo biggie i had one and i don't understand all the hype about it.  you don't feel a thing and it is perfectly safe for the mother and child.  i am going to have a second one also there is no way i would choose to have a baby comeout my va-jj anyway i know that is where its supose to happen but it seems sooo painful.  good luck to you.

GIRL, I SO AGREE LOL
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)