Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm bummed out and feel forgotten - My third is special too!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 6:20 PM
  • 12 Replies
Hi all,

I'm feeling sorry for myself.  I'm due with my third baby on Sept. 11th and none of my friends or family have offered to give me a baby shower.  I feel forgotten.  The only person who has asked me what I need, of course, is my dear mother.  I guess I feel bad because lots of my friends and family have had showers for their 2nd and 3rd babies.  It's true I do have most of what I need from my other two - but I would love to get a few new things for this baby - she's special too!   Should I still register online somewhere to let people know what I still need?  Is that being presumptuous?  OR should I just let it rest and not do or say anything?  Maybe I'm just being overly sensitive.  Any advice?  Thanks....

Mother of 2 with one on the way.... 

- Moderation is good as long as you don't overdo it -

by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tamlub
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 6:23 PM
I felt the same way too with my second, it seemed noone cared but me. Yes be presumptious, its your right to do so.
I would still registar if i were you. I didnt and i regret it.
Good luck and congrats
rbenyard
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 6:24 PM
Well I didn't have one for my second and I felt the same way.  I was even invited to a friend of mine shower who was pregnant with me.  But I did one for myself.  don't depend on anyone do it for yourself.  maybe they are goin to give you a surprise baby shower.  Think about it.
SortaSuperMom
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 6:31 PM
I've thought about this, because my husband and I were thinking about having another one in the next year.  If this last one and the next one are close together, we wondered if it would be wrong to have a baby shower, but this is what we came up with:
Still register, because there's bound to be SOMEONE who thinks that every baby/pregnancy deserves something new/special.  Besides, since you still have a lot from the other 2, you can just register for some cute items that you never would have put on the other registry because you wanted "necessities".
Also, maybe instead of a big shower, maybe just have some close friends and family over for a nice brunch.  Let them know that no present is necessary, but diapers and wipes are always needed, and you ARE registered at such and such.  Chances are, you'll get something.  Plus, when people have gone to SO MANY baby showers, they tend to get annoyed with all the games and what not, so you can save money on all the items for that.  If you still want to have some sort of a "traditional" event for the shower, do a raffle.  Tell everyone that whoever brings a pack of diapers gets entered into a raffle for a dinner at your favorite restaurant.  Since they're getting something in return, they might be more willing to bring a gift.
Hope this helps.  Let me know!

~Amber Lynn~

Check out my groups!

The Mommy Brigade

Light My Fire

AnnCedar
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 6:33 PM
I never had a shower for my first. By the time anyone thought of giving me one the only days I could do it were mother's day and memorial day which were both bad for everyone else. I got lots of gifts anyway but I wanted a party!
TRUE-68
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 6:35 PM
GIRL GO REGISTER! ITS YOU BABY AND ITS YOUR LIFE. YOU'LL FEEL BETTER ABOUT IT. THROW A BABY SHOWER YOURSELF! EVERYONE LIKES TO EAT. JUST TELL THEM ITS A BABY SHOWER AT YOUR HOME OR WHEREVER AND GIVE THEM HINTS ABOUT THE WONDERFUL FOOD! I STARTED BRINGING MY OWN CAKE AND ICECREAM TO WORK ON MY B'DAY--I THINK I'M SPECIAL  IF NO ONE  ELSE DOES. THEY LOOK FORWARD TO MY B'DAY NOW! lol

TRUE
MamaKas
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 6:37 PM
I'm also pregnant with my 3rd child. I've never gotten a baby shower, as much as I want one so baddly! When I was pregnant with my second child (it was my DF's frist) we worked for the same company, and they threw HIM a baby shower! I wasnt even invited! it was all women who threw it for him, and I talked to all of them. Talk about heart breaking and depressing. And since there is a good chance this will be my last child, it makes me feel even more depressed to not be getting one...
I wish I knew what to tell you. I wish you luck on it either way.

baby development

babies

pregnancy

Twinkie76
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 6:40 PM
Don't feel bad when I was pregnant with my twins I was on bedrest in the hospital and I never got a baby shower either, nor did anyone offer to throw me one! We had to buy EVERYTHING ourselves and it was very expensive because everything had to be in 2's. Luckily I still had some stuff from my 1st child. I would put in a registry anyway and hopefully people will care enough to get the third one something.

karma1578
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 7:11 PM
You have the right to feel that way as you are becoming a new mommy again. wink. Congratulations and be presumptuous.

Malissa Romero

margarita time

buckeyegrl5
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 7:18 PM
I was in the sorta the same boat with my 2nd baby. My children have different fathers and my current MIL wanted to throw me a shower. My grandmother and mother were just kinda like, "why?"! Well they are very traditional and I guess traditionally showers are for the first baby. I'd never heard of this and not even sure if that is the traditional way or not but I told them that it's my husband's first baby and my MIL's first grandbaby so why the hell shouldn't she throw me a shower if she wants??!!!  We are thinking of having a 3rd and I probably won't have one this time even though we've gotten rid of most of our baby stuff. It seems really common if the children are farther apart from what I've noticed. To each his own, if you want a shower, register and have one. Heck, throw it yourself, lol!

muddymama
by on Jul. 26, 2007 at 6:45 PM
Thank you all!  All of your advice really helped me a lot!  Still don't know what I'm gonna do, but if I do, I'll feel better doing it. 

Mother of 2 with one on the way.... 

- Moderation is good as long as you don't overdo it -

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)