Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Protect America Home Security(sorry its long)

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 7:31 PM
  • 2 Replies
ok so i was goofing off killing time on the net. well i came across a company called prtect america. they sell home security systems. me and my hubby have been talking about getting one so i filled out my info so i could get more in fo on them. so they call and the first lady was really nice, then she got me to the sales lady and she was really great to and told me everything. so i told her i wasnt sure cause i wanted to talk to my hubby about the options and what we could do. well she said ok but she had to put me on the line withher manager so he could see if she did her job right (i knew he was going to try to get me to buy) but i figured what the heck. so this guy comes on the line (real nice) and says did she inform you about everyting blah blah blah. so he starts going on his selling spree and finally i tell him i just want to dicuss this with my hubby and he cuts me off and goes what is there to discuss we are running a promotion and it will be free. i was think about should we get the hard wired where it would be permante and the value of the house could go up or shoul we get the wireless so we can take it with us if we move. or do we want ot look at others, you know normal things to go over when doing something to your house. so anyway the guy staerts going on asking me if my family is important and it is only a dollar a day to have it ($29.99 a month) so finally i just butt in and say im not doing it today iif we want it we will pay the $295 to get it, the he has the balls to say well obviously your protecting your family isnt that important to you. oh i wanted to come through teh phone and choke him. how could he say that. so i told him im not going to be cornered into this by an a$$hole and hung up. and he was the manager and i was so pissed i forgot to ask his name so now i cant even make a ligit complaint. so anyway soory this is long buti thought it was crap how he treated me. he did tell me that them and ADT use the same system so guess who im going to call. not protect america.
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
fairymom2316
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 7:37 PM

wow, how rude!!! and u were being nice, saying that u wanted to talk to ur hubby, it sucks that people make u be mean to them, wow! anyways, i have ADT and i think they r a great company so u should try them :-)

LindaK287
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:14 PM

Even without the manager's name you can report it to the Better Business Bureau. That will help others who research the company before they call.

I reported a company 5 times because they continued to call even after I asked to be removed from their calling list. It costs thousands of dollars in fines when they do this, but you have to report it.

I reported them to the BBB and the FTC. It felt great!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)