Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

formula or cow milk

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 8:05 PM
  • 9 Replies
i have notice that when i give my 11m old formula she has the nasty nasty ranny drity daipors

sometime when we dont have formula we give her only cow milk for a couple of day until we go to store again and she will have normal drity daipors

i was wondering if you think i should stop giving formula or not
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
devilicious
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 8:07 PM
11 months is old enough to start whole milk, ya might as well just go with it.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Mama_Huss
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 8:07 PM
it is said that you can start giving a child regular milk, whole is best because of all the vitamins, when they are about a year old. Ask the doc what is best, but I would think if her stool is normal with regular milk you could try giving her that more often.

VONNY614
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 8:08 PM
TALK TO YOUR DAUGHTER'S PEDIATRICIAN, ABOUT SWITCHING THE MILK. TELL THE DOCTOR THE DIFFERENCE  IN HER BOWEL MOVEMENTS.
behomelikeme
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 8:09 PM
I know there are lots of different views on this but I have always heard not to mix formula and milk.  Since you are so close to 1 year I think I would stick with milk only but that is just my opinion :)

www.BeHomeToo.biz                                                                                                          

Charla74
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 8:10 PM
Both my kids were on cows milk by 11 mths old.. if she does fine with it start introducing it..... and wean her off the formula.. good luck
xophersmom
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 8:11 PM

I believe my son was about that age when he started whole milk.  His pediatrician said 12 mos but I know he had already been drinking it at his 1yr checkup.  Maybe it's time for the switch............

bigred48
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 8:13 PM
If your baby is 11months old then she's old enough to start out with Regular milk but cows milk is great for the extra fat too.  So it's another great alternative and i'm glad you have those resources.

augustvirgo
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 8:15 PM
If you think she does better with regular milk then I would go ahead & switch. Drs. say 1yr. & 11 months is close enough. Not to mention that regular milk is cheaper!
tamnsid
by on Jul. 28, 2007 at 7:25 PM
We started giveing our daughter  1/2 formual and 1/2 regular milk in her bottles at 2 months.. Because she was eating her fist.. all the time.. no matter how many  forumal bottles we give her she would still eat her fist..  Now at 10 months she know if that milk isnt in there.. she will drink a forumal bottle but she really dont like it.. 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)