Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many is to many?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 8:07 PM
  • 24 Replies
I have always wanted a large family. I have 4 children but I am unable to have anymore, so I am thinking about adopting. I have gotten very strange looks from people saying you have enough! So my question to everyone out there is: How many is to many? I believe that I should have as many children as I feel that I can provided for. Am I wrong in my thinking?

Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Until our 7 year anniversary
Daisypath Ticker

by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
devilicious
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 8:09 PM
i think if you can provide for them then adopting would be a wonderful thing to do,you would be helping sooo many familys and children. best wishes to you!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

j4bber
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 8:10 PM
If you can provide for them have as many as you want.  Don't let others discourage you.  I have 4 boys. 2 of my own and 2 step.  I wouldn't mind having another one,  but I know that 4 is enough for us.  If you have love to give just give to as many kids as you want!!!!

Charla74
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 8:11 PM
I say have as many as you want... I myself only wanted 2 kids.. but, if you can provide for more than 4 go right ahead.. there are a lot of kids out there who need families.Do what you feel is best for your family.
aboutmygirls
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 8:12 PM
I can tell that you are a woman with a big heart and obvious have enough love for another child...or more children. I think that adoption is a wonderful thing and if you think that you could love and provide for another child....dont listen to someone who is telling you that you cant....or shouldnt!!!! Good luck and keep us updated!!!
prettylightskin
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 8:12 PM
no your not wrong in your thinking if thats what you want and you can provide for it then you sholud be able to have as many children as you want its your life choice:)

buddahsangel
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 8:13 PM
In my heart, to tell the truth, I believe giving birth you can have to many.  But to adopt I don't think so.  There is so many children that need loving homes.  I think adopting is the greatest gift you can give those children.
kalea_kane
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 8:13 PM

I think we all know what we can handle.  If you and your husband are in agreement, I don't see why not.  Love is the most important thing we can provide to children, and what a blessing you would be to them all whether biologically grown in your body or whether they grow through the love in your heart.  Good luck to you all.  :)  I think you are amazing. 

Kelly

sunset414
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 8:15 PM

If you can provide for them and love each one of them, I say have as many as you can handle.

ladyvamp5489
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 8:15 PM

Quoting devilicious:

i think if you can provide for them then adopting would be a wonderful thing to do,you would be helping sooo many familys and children. best wishes to you!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

you took the words right out of my mouth!!!  I feel if you can provide for them and have the patience for it ;) then go for it!  Adopt  some kids and help out the world by raising great kids!!!!!  Personally im one of 8 kids!

Carol

ghetto_prynsess
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 8:18 PM
I personally think that how many is too many is totally up to you no matter what other people say or think because they're not the ones that have to take care of the kids or will help you out. I know of a family that is expecting their 17th child. So hey if you want more go for it. I for one will support you if no one else will. I else i really dont have a probably with big families because my grandmother has 10 kids, my mother has 11 kids. My grandmother has a total of 29 grandkids and 28 great grandkids so hey go for it

Ghetto Prynsess

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)