Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

who has the gerber life insurance plan for there familys ?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:21 PM
  • 13 Replies
i was just wondering who has it for there familys and if you were satisfied with it  i have only heard great things about it so me and hubby are thinking about getting it on our kids :) we are checking into it
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mormagsmom
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:22 PM
We have it, but I can't really comment good or bad. I just send the payment. It seems like a good plan.
orcamom
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:24 PM

Quoting mormagsmom:

We have it, but I can't really comment good or bad. I just send the payment. It seems like a good plan.

Same here we have it for both kids God forbid anything ever happens to them.  Hope I never have to use it
prettylightskin
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:26 PM
umm isnt  it were they can get the money thereselves at age 21 right ? thats what somone was telling me that they can cash in the policy right ?
treybryce
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:27 PM

I have it also, Unfortunately, you cant say how good it is until you have to put a claim in. I pray to God I never have to.

grandma_at_32
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:40 PM
I have it for my son and grandbaby.
nemiller
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:44 PM
Yeah, they might have changed it, but before the policy holder (your child) can cash in the policy after the 21 birthday I think.  I really don't know how well the policy works as far as having to put in a claim.  Hopefully you'll never have to find out.
Quoting prettylightskin:

umm isnt  it were they can get the money thereselves at age 21 right ? thats what somone was telling me that they can cash in the policy right ?

momof2146
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:47 PM
I have it for my 2 kids and my sister has it for her 2 so I don't think its a bad policy.  Also it is very cheap.  I pay $19.00 a month for both of my kids.
laneanwalkermom
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:50 PM
we hve this for both our kids.   $10,000 till age 21 then it automatically becomes 20,000    which they can cash out to use for college, house, car etc...  its taxed for cashing it out but its theirs at 21.

seems awesome enough for me.   and both kids plans only cost  $128 a year together..or its 64$ a year for each plan .

its as cheap as 6$ a month or 64 for 12 month or 32 for 6month....etc

April, mommy of Delanie Marie and Walker Lee
tiag79
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:51 PM
I had it for my 2 older kids but the cash value takes so long to build up and plus my family is totally protected under Primerica Life Insurance.  If you would like my husband is a licensed insurance rep for Primerica and he could sit down with you and your husband to see if he could help you out.
prettylightskin
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:59 PM

Quoting tiag79:

I had it for my 2 older kids but the cash value takes so long to build up and plus my family is totally protected under Primerica Life Insurance.  If you would like my husband is a licensed insurance rep for Primerica and he could sit down with you and your husband to see if he could help you out.

oh ok cool thanks:) ill keep this is mind if we decide to do anything we havent decided if we are or not we were just checking into it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)