Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I used to.....

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:22 PM
  • 5 Replies

I have lost my identity.  (not sure where it went)

I used to know who I was.  (At least I think I knew.) 

I think I used to be intelligent.  (I went to college)

I used to be thin.  (god that was ages ago)

I used to have friends that could carry on a decent conversation. (the wiggles, sesame street, and yugiho, and spongebob just don't cut it)

I used to be able to leave the house without being attatched to someone..(haven't seen the light of day in a long time.)

I used to know what sleep was.(haven't slept in 22 years)

I used to know what a hot meal was. (fried chicken is supposed to be hot, right?)

I used to know what it was like to go to the bathroom on my own.(no one screaming at the door)

I used to know what quiet was.(oh blissful quiet)

I used to know that wine went with cheese and crackers. (not a mind numbing noise that paralyzes.)

I used to have a name. (not sure what it was)

I used to.....

Now I know I'm raising the next generation. (five times over)

Now I know I'm teaching young minds.(just maybe, they will leave this world better off)

Now I know I have earned every roll. (each imperfection is a badge of honor from each of my children)

Now my conversations are much more creative.(yes there is magic, fairies, dragons and santa does exist)

Now I have an adventure every time I leave the house (just try taking five kids to the grocery store)

Now instead of sleep I watch my children sleep. ( the world seem like it has endless possibilities in their faces)

Now my family has meals together.(dinner conversations are the best)

Now a bubble bath is an indulgence.(not just a bubble bath, how boring) 

Now I know the laughter of my children.(what better noise is there?)

Now I have a true name.  The name of joy. The name of strength. The name of security. The name of love.

MOMMY

by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Liz814
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:42 PM
lmao, that was totally funny and cool at the same time wow, where did you find that.
sfox1
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:45 PM
Oh my god that how I feel everyday with my little ones..truly funny and awesome.thanks need a laugh:)

To realize that one do not understand is a virtue; Not to realize that you do not understand is a defect. The reason why The sage has no defect, Is because he treats defects as defects. Thus, He has no defects.
mom4jads
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:48 PM
That was so true. What we get instead of what we give up.
LittleMama89
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:48 PM
that's a really sweet little poem thing. haha. love it.
beautymom123
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:52 PM
that was so good
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)