Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My little boy had an accident

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:37 PM
  • 14 Replies
I have a glass coffee table in the living room in front of the tv.  My husband and I have told Jared many thousand, million times not to play around the table, to stand on the table etc.   I am in the kitchen cleaning up the dishes from dinner.  I hear a loud crash.  I run into the living room. I see Jared sitting on the couch but the glass table is broken into pieces.   I didnt see any blood so I just yelled at him, "what happened?  How did it break?"  He says I dont know.  I yelled at him to go to his room.   He ran to his room onto his bed.  I yell for my hubby and showed him the table and he goes in Jared's room and starts yelling at him. He is grounded no tv or anything for one week.  I then noticed the blood on his arm and his leg. I of course start screaming and run to kitchen to get wet paper towel.   He is not crying. It doesnt hurt him.  I am freaking out because he could have gotten hurt worse than he did.  I am hysterical crying.   He has a cut on the side of his knee thats a little open but not bleeding anymore.   I called my mother his grammy and told her what happened and i am hysterical on the phone. should I take him to the hospital? the cut isnt too deep.  My mother says not if it isnt bleeding anymore and just go to walgreens to get neosporin and more bandaids.   I am so upset.  I am telling you, my father must be watching Jared from up in heaven because he could have been seriously cut up and I would have had to rush him to the emergency room.  I am emotional drained.  Crying so much.  My poor little man.  BUT HE IS SO GROUNDED!!!!!!!    WE told him time and again not to play around the glass table.  and he never listens.   BOYS!!!!  He is 6.   Thank god he is ok!!!!  my little man. 

Mom to the most wonderful little boy in the world  Jared William Ian

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics                              myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics                       myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics                      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JCuevas
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:42 PM
aww thank god he's alright. i tell my 6y/o daughter all the time not to run in the house because we have hard wood floors and she slips alot. and i tell you she slips and falls and runs into the wall all the time. i swear she's just hit her head way too many times because she still doesn't listen and she still runs in the house.

The Love's Of My Life
luvmymadkidtnd
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:43 PM
oh, poor little guy!!! im glad hes ok!!!!
ConelsMommy
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:45 PM
Bummer!!!  Kids always have to learn the hard way.  I'm so guilty of this too- but us mommies CAN'T get hysterical- we can't.  It scares them even more.  If they are actually really hurt- and we start freaking- oh lord!!!!!!  Could you imagine??????  My kiddo broke a vase that was very special to me (on his foot- yikes- it was an ER type thing)  but to teach him to have responsibility for our belongings- I made him do chore type things to "pay" for the vase.  Not only did he hurt himself- but he had to take time out of his normal play time to do stuff like sweep off the side walk after we mowed the grass, help put sheets on the guest beds, wipe after mom put windex- for 2 weeks straight.  I think he learned that when we break stuff we have to work to have it replaced.  Once his chores were complete after the time- we went to hobby lobby and picked out a vase that I liked and his hard earned time (that could have been used for a toy) had to replace mom's vase- LOL!
cen_ada
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:51 PM
glad that he was not hurt that bad. My son and his older sister they were roofinghousin and she pushed him in to the coffee table his bottom thee went though his bottom lip he had 7 stiches on the outside and 5 stiches on th in side too.
mom2jared
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:01 PM

Quoting cen_ada:

glad that he was not hurt that bad. My son and his older sister they were roofinghousin and she pushed him in to the coffee table his bottom thee went though his bottom lip he had 7 stiches on the outside and 5 stiches on th in side too.

OUCH!!!!   Yeah kids will be kids. and they always play rough no matter how many times you tell them to stop.   I am just thankful that he wasnt hurt worse than he is.   oh wow about your sons mouth.  Ouch!!!  that must have hurt bad!!! I am glad it wasnt worse than that.    Did you punish your daughter? 

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics                              myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics                       myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics                      myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

momoftwins96
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:21 PM
We used to call my son bam bam because he would break everything! Just thank God that he didnt get hurt worse than he did. Some boys are just very rambunctious and these things will happen. Be prepared mine is almost 11 and he is still breaking things and he also likes to take everything apart. By the way he is adorable-how could you be mad at him?
momma_2_3
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:29 PM
I am so glad he is ok... your story reminded me of my sister I think she was around 4 yrs old she went running out of our kitchen stumbled down the step into the living room and went flying through the living room window.... there was glass everywhere... I remember my mom screaming at her to stay still... she wasn't even crying... my ran out after her... she was fine except for a scrap.... 
I have 3 boys myself and I am surprised evryday when I don't have to go and get something stiched or a cast put on a broken bone... They think they are invincible.... I am not looking forward to when they are teenagers....lol 

mother3boys1gir
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:31 PM
oh how i remember when dale was 2 he got in his big brothers way of the tv, he his big bro gave him a shove right into the corner of the wall and cracked his head open. dale had about 5 stapels in his head. then it was about 3 monthes befor that he was playing rough and running around trip and bit his top lip open. he ended up with stiches. you neveer know with kids. they have a mind of their own and are very quick.
Jacks1STMate
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:41 PM
You're VERY lucky like you said.
But let me ask you...why do you have a glass coffe table in
your house to begin with?!
Of course when you tell a child NOT to do something,
they're gonna do it anyway out of curiousity & wonder.
We had glass inour coffe table,but my husband replaced it w/
stone & grout so our daughter wouldn't have an accident.
Maybe you'll look into a different type of coffee table.
Glass & toddlers=DON'T MIX!
mom2jared
by on Jul. 26, 2007 at 7:11 AM

Quoting Jacks1STMate:

You're VERY lucky like you said.
But let me ask you...why do you have a glass coffe table in
your house to begin with?!
Of course when you tell a child NOT to do something,
they're gonna do it anyway out of curiousity & wonder.
We had glass inour coffe table,but my husband replaced it w/
stone & grout so our daughter wouldn't have an accident.
Maybe you'll look into a different type of coffee table.
Glass & toddlers=DON'T MIX!

He is not a toddler anymore and I have had that table for years and never had a problem.    and it was a thick glass. I mean really thick glass table.   Amazing how it broke.   but anyway,  stone and grout is not any better because she could still get hurt and hit her head on the stone.  so no matter what table you have you could still get hurt.  am i right or am i wrong??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)