Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is My 6 Month old baby eating too much? (pt. 2)

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:59 PM
  • 5 Replies
I forgot to mention that when Abby eats her cereal she drinks 6oz of formula with it! Do I just give her the cereal 2 times a day without the side of formula? She just seems so hungry that the cereal isn't enough. She eats ALL of her cereal and ALL of her bottle! Is the cereal a meal on its own or does she need the bottle too?

I have read all your responses to my previous post under the same title and would like to thank you all very much! It is almost 10PM and I am going to be giving Abby cereal and her bottle as her last feed for the night.
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Liz814
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:23 PM
WOW HOW MUCH CEREAL DO YOU GIVE HER. AND DID YOU TRY GIVING HER WATER IN BETWEEN MEALS? SOMETIMES ITS THIRST OVER HUNGER?
MarleysMommy07
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:30 PM
My 6 month old daughter eats cereal and 6oz of formula also. Although she doesn't eat all of the cereal, maybe 15-20 spoonfuls. I think you should judge it by the way she reacts to it. If she doesn't seem stuffed and cranky then she's probably satisfied. If she wants the bottle and the formula, I say go for it. You might want to try water sometimes too though, like the previous poster said, it could be thirst not hunger. But if she still seems hungry I'd go for it. My take on it is if she wants to eat it go for it, you're not forcing her too and she doesn't seem to be hurting after she has such a big meal so there's nothing wrong with it. It's not like you're giving a 3 yr. old a bunch of french fries and fast food that'll make her 100lb. Your baby's growing and if she's hungry she's hungry. Just go by how she acts.
brit2207
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:34 PM

My baby is al so 6 months and it seems like he eats alot as well. He has 2 scoops of cereal with half a jar of fruit in it and a 5 oz bottle for breakfast, a half jar of a fruit and half jar of veggie and a 6 oz bottle for lunch and dinner and an 8 or 9 oz bottle before bed and he still doesn't weight what he should. He was born with a normal weight as well. If she is hungary feed her til she is full because if she is still hungary she's not getting the nutrients she needs to grow. Sure she might seem like she is getting big but it is baby fat. Once she is able to crawl, walk or even run around it will all come off in no time!

hollie7896
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:41 PM
my daughter is always hungry, just found out to fill her for a bit it takes 3 sm gerber containers.  she is breatsfed and is always nursing though starting to slow down a little.  she is almost 7 months so it is not just u.  my dr said as long as they r not too overweight and r hungry give her as much as she wants.  how is she doing?
nemiller
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:41 PM
I don't have much first-hand experience to relay to you, but have you talked to your doctor?  If you're not sure, it's best to ask a professional.  Maybe she's thirsty, not hungry.  A lot of times thirst is misinterpreted as hunger.  But no matter what kind of advice or theories that can be suggested, the best thing is still to talk to her ped.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)