Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Halloween costume ideas for a 10 month old

Posted by on Sep. 19, 2008 at 9:13 PM
  • 9 Replies

My son is 10 months old and this will be his first Halloween. I know that he is too young to go trick or treating, but I can't resist at least dressing him up a little bit when we take our 7 yr old trick or treating. I was thinking about it and I think we want to make him a little m&m...or just one "m" rather. Anyone have any ideas how to make him an m&m? Other than just getting a solid colored onesie and putting an m on it....thanks for any replies.

by on Sep. 19, 2008 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jessdamian77
by on Sep. 19, 2008 at 9:17 PM

if you feel like being crafty you can cut out a GIANT red (or whatever colored) circle out of felt and sew it to the front of a onsie (of a matching color) then put white pants/ sweat pants under the onsie (you know super hero style, so the legs are just white).

aidensmommy1105
by on Sep. 19, 2008 at 9:18 PM

that is such a cute idea. i have no clue how to do it, but try looking online you may find something.  this is gonna be my sons first halloween too. i am so excited. hes going to be a monkey.

mama2camden
by on Sep. 19, 2008 at 9:21 PM

Great idea! If I can't think of a way to make it 3 dimensional I am definitely going to do this! Thanks!

Quoting jessdamian77:

if you feel like being crafty you can cut out a GIANT red (or whatever colored) circle out of felt and sew it to the front of a onsie (of a matching color) then put white pants/ sweat pants under the onsie (you know super hero style, so the legs are just white).

Donna1230
by on Sep. 19, 2008 at 9:23 PM

My son is going to be a monkey also!  I could not resist.  The outfit was so darn cute!!!

Quoting aidensmommy1105:

that is such a cute idea. i have no clue how to do it, but try looking online you may find something.  this is gonna be my sons first halloween too. i am so excited. hes going to be a monkey.

charliesgal4eva
by on Sep. 19, 2008 at 9:27 PM

put a white long sleave shirt and white pants on him gloves if you can also... then put the onsie on over it, and then take a circle of felt the same color of the onsie and white felt and glue a m on the circle and then velcro the circle onto the onsie. Do his hair kinda messy cute...

CaeliMommyUSMC
by on Sep. 19, 2008 at 9:30 PM

This is my daughter on her first halloween... she was only 8 months old.  I got her costume at old navy for like 20 bucks.

mama2camden
by on Sep. 19, 2008 at 9:32 PM

too cute!!!!

Quoting CaeliMommyUSMC:

This is my daughter on her first halloween... she was only 8 months old.  I got her costume at old navy for like 20 bucks.

jessdamian77
by on Sep. 19, 2008 at 9:36 PM

you can put an oversized circle on the front and back and glue the sides together at the seems to make it 3d?

Quoting mama2camden:

Great idea! If I can't think of a way to make it 3 dimensional I am definitely going to do this! Thanks!

Quoting jessdamian77:

Xstitchinmom
by Gold Member on Sep. 19, 2008 at 11:21 PM

Quoting jessdamian77:

That's a great idea! When my son was around that age, he was a dalmation. He wore a simple white t-shirt with black felt spots. For the ears, I bought a little hat and glued black felt onto it. To finish off the look, he wore a little pair of black pants and I drew spots on his socks with a sharpie.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)