Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Simplicity Cribs recalled.....Please Bump!

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2008 at 11:31 PM
  • 44 Replies

I got this email today from Walmart. Please read and bump!

We are writing to let you know that Simplicity Inc. is voluntarily recalling its Simplicity Brand Drop Side Cribs, sold between January 2005 and August 2008, due to a potential product defect.

Due to sizing problems with the crib’s hardware, the drop side can come off the tracks. When the drop side detaches or partially detaches, it creates a hazardous gap, which can lead to infant entrapment and suffocation.

The recalled model numbers include: 8620PWT, 8745H, 8748AWT, 8778CMW, 8778GAC and 8994W. The recalled drop side cribs have a date code, which can be found on a label on the headboard under the mattress support, which ends in 05DH, 05GB, 06DH, 06GB, 07DH or 07GB (examples: 1806 DH or 0507 GB).

The recalled model names include: Aspen and Crib N Changer Combo, Gabrielle, Camille, Providence and Shenandoah. Only the brand name “Simplicity” can be seen on the label on the headboard.

Customers who believe they are affected by this recall should stop using the crib immediately and return the crib to the place of purchase for a refund or store credit.

You can also find recall information on our website, www.walmart.com, by selecting the “Product Recall Info” link located at the bottom of the page under the “Help” heading.

We apologize for any inconvenience this recall causes you. Your satisfaction is important to us. If you have any questions, please contact us at 1-800-966-6546 or email us at help@walmart.com.

Sincerely,

Customer Service at Walmart.com  

by on Sep. 23, 2008 at 11:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
addisonmiacaleb
by on Sep. 23, 2008 at 11:33 PM

I just posted about this, I'm so upset.

Twiseman
by on Sep. 23, 2008 at 11:34 PM

hey thanks!! my DD has that crib and we have had a problem with that. but i always just took the whole side off and reattached it, thinking it was my fault! thank you soooo much!

Free BlinkiesFree Blinkies
Free BlinkiesFree Blinkies[

shannona9706
by on Sep. 23, 2008 at 11:43 PM

Me too! My dd is sleeping in her playyard tonight and will until we can get a new crib.

Quoting addisonmiacaleb:

I just posted about this, I'm so upset.

shannona9706
by on Sep. 23, 2008 at 11:56 PM

^

TygerLily62
by on Sep. 23, 2008 at 11:57 PM

bump

zoes_mami
by on Sep. 23, 2008 at 11:57 PM
bump
taleyu1432
by on Sep. 24, 2008 at 12:02 AM

bump

dannysmom52507
by on Sep. 24, 2008 at 12:05 AM

we had that crib... when we went to take it down, the drop side wouldnt come off... it was like the oppisite of that defect... well, at least now we can return it and get our money back... and get a new one for the new baby!!

lady_kira
by on Sep. 24, 2008 at 12:09 AM

I saw a post about this last week and took my crib and bassinet (because I had both) back to walmart just this past weekend, it took forever just because their customer service is way slow and wal-mart didn't bother to keep the UPC codes handy before chucking the merchandise, but I received no problem whatsoever actually getting it returned. It was just time consuming, but I ended up getting a different crib, a Dorel, and some new stuff for my son since I'm not interested in any of the bassinets wal mart has in stock.

I guess my whole point is I'm very upset about the recall because I'm feeling like Simplicity is a crappy brand and can't ever trust their products again, but at least the returning experience ran fairly smoothly.

LATINMAMA1978
by on Sep. 24, 2008 at 12:09 AM

Ladies I had one of those cribs and  I purchased it in Feb and I did not have the reciept. But I called walmart and told them all I had to do was tell them the date , the register and the amount I paid and they did a reciept duplication for me and I got my refund. I just decided to buy my 19 month old her toddler bed that was 60.00 at walmart and it is made by another company. Good Luck with that .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)