Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

how did my bath water turn blue?!

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2008 at 12:45 AM
  • 8 Replies

Ok, I'm freaking out.  That's twice this week my water has turned blue.  I was actually taking a shower, but the drain is slow so the water builds up... I look down and the dang water is blue.  No bath salts, beads, or any other coloring.  I last had my hair frosted in Feb. 

So, this time, I let all the water drain out and ran the water again.  No blueness.  I'd already washed & cond. my hair, though.  I poured some of the shampoo into the running bath water.  No blue.  Pure clear water.

There are still blue spots on the bottom of the tub from the last incident, but they did not "bleed out" on my second tub fill.

I had no clothes in the tub.  Shower curtain is burgandy and have had it for years.  Towels are white and had 'em for years.  Kids toys were out of tub.

I've had bad foot pains, may be neuropathy.  Is it crazy to think I am causing the water to turn blue?

I just know you all think I'm crazy.  I'll probably read this in the morning and think the same thing.

by on Sep. 24, 2008 at 12:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
singedwingangel
by on Sep. 24, 2008 at 12:47 AM

if you dyed your hair a darker color then it may be the color washing out which it will do each time you wash it. Don't freak lol..

If you can pray to Muhammed, or Buddha or whoever, pardon me while I pray to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Jesus the Christ will often come from my mouth, if you don't like it keep moving, and I'll add you to my prayer list...

chrysbolouvi

could be the chemicals your city puts in the water...

ColeyRene

Did you get new jeans lately? I've had that happen before. Sometimes the dyes on your jeans get on your skinwhen you wear them, and you might not see it, until it rinses off of you, and into the water. This has happened to me a few times, lol.

mrsmoore02
by on Sep. 24, 2008 at 12:49 AM

it could just be something in the water.  ours will take a slightly light blue tint sometimes, but when it does, there's a stronger chlorine scent.

youngmm
by on Sep. 24, 2008 at 12:49 AM

yeah, same here!

Quoting ColeyRene:

Did you get new jeans lately? I've had that happen before. Sometimes the dyes on your jeans get on your skinwhen you wear them, and you might not see it, until it rinses off of you, and into the water. This has happened to me a few times, lol.

Brooke208
by on Sep. 24, 2008 at 12:50 AM

You're not crazy.  I had a friend who noticed a blue color everytime she dried herself with a white towel.  I don't know whatever happened about it though...

Supervane
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2008 at 12:51 AM

Its chemicals in your Municipal water. Alot of them turn blue when the Ph is imbalanced incorrectly in them.

thseptbabyblinkie.gif September Baby image by KsJenthinkinpinka1.gif I think in pink image by MoMeg_2006Married.gif happily married image by dorothy5678Supportbfing.gif Support Breastfeeding image by unique_style4unewfree_C-Section_Mommy.gif c-sect image by andee16SUPERGRIL.gif Super girl image by cassycharlie    

latinflags.gif LATiN MAMi image by KINDRA1_photosvintagets0.jpg MEXICAN GIRL image by malta57  3179736265.jpg Super Mom image by TruePatriot1776  Not_Worth_The_Lip_Gloss_by_Tokiochi.jpg image by HRForrest       

roses4mary
by on Sep. 24, 2008 at 9:22 AM

Thanks, but I dyed it over SEVEN months ago... and only now saw the blue.

BTW, muslims don't pray to Mohammad.  We pray to God and ONLY God.  just a little FYI. :)

Quoting singedwingangel:

if you dyed your hair a darker color then it may be the color washing out which it will do each time you wash it. Don't freak lol..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)