Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do u think??

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:13 AM
  • 18 Replies
I saw another moms post about something just like this but here's what happened with my story! So ... as the other mom felt ... I dont like to share my drinks with people nor do I like to eat after people. My husband KNOWS this! I would sometimes share drinks with him but now I am pregnant. I heard especially when ur preg, DONT share things with people to avoid gettin sick etc. And even if I hadnt heard that ... in my common sense I just wouldnt want to share with anyone, not even dh!

So like he was still in the habit of takin my drinks and drinkin after me! Being that I hate that and are so careful what I do now and that Im preg I was FURIOUS! U see .... I am on bed rest and are in the house so I have less of a chance of catchin germs right now becuz I live pretty clean and well my dh works 6 days a week and around a lot of people and what if he brings home a virus or something yanno?

So here it is ..... one day we had our kids. They are my step kids and his 2 kids. We had went to the gas station and I was super thirsty this day and it was hot. So I told him to get me a big water. And so he did and got himself something and nothing for the kids. They were sleep. So then he drank all of his energy drink he had and tried to drink my water. Also let me tell ya I was a little ill this day. Yeah we had been sleepin with the windows open because its hot here. We use the AC during the day and to conserve at night we open windows. So when I would wake up I was a bit congested. Ok .... so I tell him NO! That if he wants something else to drink to pull over and get something else. He didnt. He just accepted it and didnt ask anymore for my water. Well ..... we stopped at our destination of dropping the kids of back to their mother and I wasnt payin attention ... this was a little later and then he said somethin to me and thats when I realized he had given my water to his kids to drink. I was FURIOUS! I didnt say anything in front of the kids but I gave him a look. When they got out and had driven off with their mother I was livid still and voiced my opnion to him.

He became upset with me and was like bla bla bla u shouldnt be like that! I was PISSED! I said ... all those stores we passed and u couldnt have stopped and got them something to drink?????????? Or why didnt u get them somethin the first time we stopped! He knows how upset I get when people drink after me and he didnt even ask! I mean if he asked and said babe I know how u feel can I give them this water and buy u another right away ... it would have been different. But even then so ... I was sick that day and he knew it and so he had them drinkin my sick germs.

And .... I only drink water out of the bottles with the sipper caps! I dont want peoples saliva all trapped inside the sipper so I can drink it after! And who knows .... what if his kids had caught a virus from playin with all their cousins and out in the yard all summer. His kids are 5 and 7. Love em to death!

Anyways ... til this day he still thinks he is right. It makes me sick!! I cant believe he deliberately did that to piss me off. I mean we passed so many gas stations and lil stores b4 we dropped them off. He could have stopped. I cant believe he disrespected me like that!!!
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krystleamiller
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:19 AM
ok just a thought and not trying to be a smartass or anything but you let him kiss you right? and you obviously let him do other things to you or else you wouldn't be pregnant, so I just don't comprehend the big deal with him drinking after you. And I've NEVER heard when you're pg don't let people drink after you or you drink after them bc you could get sick, that's just a normal anytime thing. But if someone isn't sick to start with them there's no harm. My DF and I share all the time, my brother and my mom, no big deal. we haven't killed each other yet.

2007mommy2be
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:24 AM
Actually no! I dont really let him kiss me that much anymore. Just lil pecks here and there. And other things? No ... Im on bed rest til I deliver and so we dont have sex ... Im not allowed to. A hand job yeah ... but I wash my hands after. Im one of those women who just happened to become sexually decreased becuz I am preg. And like I said when I was writing this post .... I said even if what I "heard" about not sharing when ur preg ... or actually I might have even read it somewhere .... but anyways ... even if that wasnt true ... I said in my OWN common sense that I still feel that way. B4 I was preg I didnt like to share but with my hubbs I did here and there. Its not even about if its right or wrong to share .... its about my own personal preference and it not being respected by the person who knows the MOST about how I feel about that!
Quoting krystleamiller:

ok just a thought and not trying to be a smartass or anything but you let him kiss you right? and you obviously let him do other things to you or else you wouldn't be pregnant, so I just don't comprehend the big deal with him drinking after you. And I've NEVER heard when you're pg don't let people drink after you or you drink after them bc you could get sick, that's just a normal anytime thing. But if someone isn't sick to start with them there's no harm. My DF and I share all the time, my brother and my mom, no big deal. we haven't killed each other yet.

tirrrredmommmmy
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:27 AM
I don't like it when someone takes a sip of my drink either - they do it and it becomes theirs! I've always been that way, from about 4 yrs old. I won't share a fork or anything that goes in my mouth or someone else's mouth! Gross! (And no, I don't kiss my husband either, much to his chagrin!)
krystleamiller
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:27 AM

Quoting 2007mommy2be:

Actually no! I dont really let him kiss me that much anymore. Just lil pecks here and there. And other things? No ... Im on bed rest til I deliver and so we dont have sex ... Im not allowed to. A hand job yeah ... but I wash my hands after. Im one of those women who just happened to become sexually decreased becuz I am preg. And like I said when I was writing this post .... I said even if what I "heard" about not sharing when ur preg ... or actually I might have even read it somewhere .... but anyways ... even if that wasnt true ... I said in my OWN common sense that I still feel that way. B4 I was preg I didnt like to share but with my hubbs I did here and there. Its not even about if its right or wrong to share .... its about my own personal preference and it not being respected by the person who knows the MOST about how I feel about that!
Quoting krystleamiller:

yes you're right to each his own I guess but at one time he did do "things" to get you pg though so I mean if you're going to let him do THAT then sharing a drink is nothing, see what I'm saying? Washing your hands after a hand job, well I can't blame you for that, it's sticky haha but not kissing either? hum weird...most pg women sex drive goes up not down

krystleamiller
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:28 AM

Quoting tirrrredmommmmy:

I don't like it when someone takes a sip of my drink either - they do it and it becomes theirs! I've always been that way, from about 4 yrs old. I won't share a fork or anything that goes in my mouth or someone else's mouth! Gross! (And no, I don't kiss my husband either, much to his chagrin!)
you don't kiss your husband?

mommaspider
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:31 AM

In the first place, if you ask someone not to drink out of your drinking bottle or glass, they should respect that, Husband or no.

In the second place, assuming you have no dire cancer or illness that prevents you from being around germs....I would seriously try to concentrate on other things than germs and viruses.  Worrying will make you sick.  Keep a clean environment, yes, but things do happen even then...when I was in the emergency room having an emergency ceserean, the room was kept cold to keep sickness and germs and stuff away.  Everything was clean and neat, but I still got a skin infection.  It's out there, and not going away, all that gunk.  You can only try to keep things neat and clean as possible, wash hands, ect.  but it'll eventually happen.

Also, as children grow up, they get messy.  They get poopy.  They puke a lot.  They fall in the dirt and get it in their hands and hair, and play with other peoples' toys.  It's going to happen, and you'll waste a perfectly good motherhood if you race around after them trying to clean them all the time - and by that, I mean scrubbing off a piece of dust here or there.

Your body will get through it, if you get sick.  If not, then the hospital really is the best place for you...but as moms, we have to be strong in the beginning stages, as best as we possibly can, so the births have better chances of happening the way we're supposed to.  I also suggest eating fresh fruits and vegetables, not eating preservatives if at all possible and watching your diet.  That will help ward you off from sicknesses and keep both you and the baby healthy.

Nursing is another thing I suggest.  My son was only sick twice for the past two and a half years...once was when we allllll had colds in Wisconsin, passed them around like hot potatoes, and the second was when he went feverish because his teeth were coming in.  I highly believe a lot of his strong immunity system came from all the things I 'fed' him those beginning months.  HE was nursed for nearly seven months.

Live, love, laugh...and dream.
TJones32
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:33 AM

Quoting krystleamiller:

Quoting 2007mommy2be:

Quoting krystleamiller:

yes you're right to each his own I guess but at one time he did do "things" to get you pg though so I mean if you're going to let him do THAT then sharing a drink is nothing, see what I'm saying? Washing your hands after a hand job, well I can't blame you for that, it's sticky haha but not kissing either? hum weird...most pg women sex drive goes up not down

My sex drive was up with my first (but again I was only 18) with my second I didn't want sex at all the whole time I was prego!!

Hugs,
Tracee

mommaspider
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:35 AM
My sexdrive divebombed, and I really didn't care...the relationship was following. *sigh*

Live, love, laugh...and dream.
2007mommy2be
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:35 AM
Yah I feel the same way! Except the whole barelyt kissin my hubbs thing is a pregnant thing. Its just how I became ! But Im just mad he disrespected me.
Quoting tirrrredmommmmy:

2007mommy2be
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:39 AM
Well if u read the book "What to Expect When You're Expecting" u'll read that it can go either way! Either ur sex drive will increase or decrease. And Im just one who falls under decrease. Most think it would cause a hole in a marriage but he is cool with it. And he understands. We cuddle and stuff. Its actually frustrating when I think it over but I cant help it ... its just how my body makes me feel. I get irriated too at times when people touch me. U just never know how u will turn out when ur preg. We used to have sex so many times b4 I was preg. And yes we did things ...... but that was BEFORE I was preg. Its different. I was more opt to sharing a drink with him b4 I was preg. But like I was sayin .... its just he knows my preference and how I feel and he disrespected me yanno?
Quoting krystleamiller:

Quoting 2007mommy2be:

Quoting krystleamiller:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)