Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Funeral

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 4:33 AM
  • 3 Replies
Today is my brother in-laws funeral but my husband is taking very hard and does not want to go but i know that if we dont show up my mother in-law will blame me. She blames me for everything, what do i do force my hubby to go or stay home.
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 4:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
goth_mama
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 4:43 AM
i wouldn't even worry about what she thinks. if your husband does not want to go she needs to deal with that.

but i would make very certain that this is what he wants. tell him you know how hard this is for him but ask if he would regret not going. it's like a wedding or birth, not a happy event, but something that only happens once. in the future would he feel bad for not going?

http://www.cafemom.com/group/voltairesgothicgroupies http://www.cafemom.com/group/realmoftheunknown

Mina304
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 4:49 AM
You are so right, Thx he does need to make sure he will be okay later with that decision.
Mysticfairy
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 5:15 AM
Oh boy, you have  your hands full.  First of all, if your hubby doesn't go, he WILL regret not saying good bye for the rest of his life.  And I mean that for real.  It will be difficult, very difficult, but with your support, he WILL get through it.  You need to tell him t his.  Not only that, but it is the right thing to do.  I realize  he is suffering from a broken heart right now, but this may help heal it in the long run.  Not going will just leave that much more of an open wound.

Please convey what I told you to him.......it is very very important to him and to his brotther's memory to go, stand tall and take a deep breath.  Just hold on tight to him and give him strength.

God Bless
Lauren
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)