Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

questions about my neice being sick

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 8:42 AM
  • 3 Replies

I got a call last night saying that my neice was having a seizure & that the hospital had admitted her, she has fluid on the brain, and inflammtion. We went to the hospital, they was giving her a MRI results would be STAT. Well stat in that hospital must mean 3 hrs later. They finally come in and say well yea she has fluid it is putting presure on her brain but we dont know what to do about it, so now we wait again for a neurologist to come in. Finally at 4:00 this morning dr. comes in to say they are not going to drain the fluid just give her a spinal  tap, to check for infections or menegitis. She has not had any symptoms but yesterday her right arm would twicth. the mom called the dr. they said not to worry then this happens. So has anyone heard of any of this?? She is only 3 and very shy so this will be experience for her to remember, hopefully not.

by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Erika812
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 8:44 AM
I don't know about all that but I sure do hope she feels better.
Tricia76
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 8:49 AM
Well I don't think I like that doctor!! Sounds like u need another one.

tamech
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:15 PM
ok well i just came back from the hospital. My neice was up in her bed. They have started seizure medicine on her. They said that it is all caused from when se was born the cord was wrapped around her neck when she came out. So they may go in tomorrow & put a STINT in there to keep the arterie?? or vain open not sure what it is called that is blocking the flow of fluids to her brain. But I am really excited that she was up & eating, kids spring back so fast. Thanks for all  the help. Tammy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)