Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I NEED SOME CLOTHES! PLEASE HELP!!

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 9:07 AM
  • 9 Replies
HI LADIES! I AM WRITING NOW CAUSE I JUST GOT THE JOB OF MY DREAMS AND I START ON TUESDAY. I HAVE THREE PAIRS OF BUSINESS CLOTHES TO MY NAME. I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAD ANY BUSINESS CLOTHES (WITH LONG SLEEVES CAUSE IM SLEEVED TATTOOED AND THOSE CAN NOT BE SEEN) THAT THIER WANTING TO GIVE AWAY OR SALE TO ME FOR REALLY REALLY CHEAP... IM VERY BROKE SINCE IVE HAD MY SON, AND CANT AFFORD NICE SUITS OR ANYTHING. IM A 10P-14P. PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP IF YOU CAN HELP ME OUT! THANX AGAIN, AND I KNOW I CAN ALWAYS DEPEND ON MY GIRLS TO HELP ME OUT!
<3
SISSIE

by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ladywick
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 9:09 AM
Have you tried any thrift shops? It's a good place to find cheap clothes.
sissiekat69
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 9:12 AM

Quoting ladywick:

Have you tried any thrift shops? It's a good place to find cheap clothes.

I HAVE SEARCHED THE THRIFT STORES IN MY AREA, THEY ARE STILL A LIL TO EXPENCIVE FOR MY BUDGET AND THEY NORMALLY DONT CARRY MY SIZE. THANX THOUGH!!<3
ladywick
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 9:15 AM
Oh bummer! My thrift stores around here (salvation army and goodwill) always have half price days. That's when I go. I find a lot of things for about $2 a piece. That's where I get most of maternity clothes. Sorry you didn't have any luck at yours. There are always garage sales.... but they don't have changing rooms for trying on.

You could always just get a few basic pieces to start.... black pants, skirt, etc and mix it up with different shirts.

By the way.... congrats on getting your dream job!
sissiekat69
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 9:17 AM

Quoting ladywick:

Oh bummer! My thrift stores around here (salvation army and goodwill) always have half price days. That's when I go. I find a lot of things for about $2 a piece. That's where I get most of maternity clothes. Sorry you didn't have any luck at yours. There are always garage sales.... but they don't have changing rooms for trying on.

You could always just get a few basic pieces to start.... black pants, skirt, etc and mix it up with different shirts.

By the way.... congrats on getting your dream job!
WELL THE BASICS IS WHAT IM ASKING FOR.. HAHAH IM BROKE SINCE IVE HAD MY SON AND NEEDED THIS JOB SO I CAN SUPPORT HIM AND MY HUSBAND. MAYBE I SHOULD HIT THE GARAGE SALES AROUND HERE! GOOD IDEA! AND THANX FOR THE CONGRATS. IM SO EXCITED ABOUT IT!

tamee
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 9:28 AM

I just bought a bunch of skirts and blazers for my mom yesterday at our good-will and nothing was over $0.79. Good luck on the new job!!

sissiekat69
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 9:29 AM

Quoting tamee:

I just bought a bunch of skirts and blazers for my mom yesterday at our good-will and nothing was over $0.79. Good luck on the new job!!

THANX HUN! <3

Robin
by Head Admin on Jul. 29, 2007 at 9:31 AM
You should check out the non-profit organization called dress for success.  They provide work clothes to women who find jobs but can't afford the business clothes required to start working.

Here's a link...
Dress for Success

Dress for Success Affiliates  (locations)

You'll see these locations in Texas... 
Austin
Dallas
Houston
Rio Grande Valley
San Antonio
sissiekat69
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 9:34 AM

Quoting Robin:

You should check out the non-profit organization called dress for success. They provide work clothes to women who find jobs but can't afford the business clothes required to start working.

Here's a link...
Dress for Success

Locations in Texas... Dress for Success Affiliates
Austin
Dallas
Houston
Rio Grande Valley
San Antonio
OH MY GOD!! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH I WAS LOOKING FOR A PLACE LIKE THIS! <3 ME LOVE U LONG TIME! <3

Tisha1115
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 2:04 PM
  My sister contacted the chuch and a woman she knew from there just gave her the cloths.  Granted she was in need of maternity wear, but people are natural givers (especially at church). I'd try that route.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)