Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

binky drama

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 11:59 AM
  • 23 Replies
OKay. My son is two years old and still has a binky that he always has. If its not in his mouth its in his hand. Well at daycare they are not allowed to have them unless it is nap time. So when I get to daycare with him the first thing his teacher does is take it away from him and he screams and throws himself on the floor and dosnt stop...well I asked them nicely to just let him have it because he will scream all day long with out it and they said no he will have to just scream. Well he crys so much he will start throwing up and everything. They PISS me off with it and I dont know what to do because I dont think it is bad that he still has it. I mean if he was 5 or 6 with it i would understand but hes only 2!!! and advice???
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4ever
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 12:07 PM
Well I took  my daughter's away when she was 2. We just made a calender and told her if in 2 weeks she didn't use it at all then we would go to Chucky E Cheese. She cried a little the first 2 nights but after that she was OK. Then after 2 weeks we went to Chucky E Cheese and then came home and mailed all her Binkies to Grandparents, anuts, ect. ( she had a lot), because she was a big girl now!!!!

If you still want him to have it, you are his parent and that is your choice. But they have their rules too. Maybe try to find somewhere else to take him if you still want him to have it.
Aydensmommy2006
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 12:09 PM
Have you tried to take it away from him while he is playing? My son 14 monthis and still has his... but not all the time... he plays without it sometimes. So maybe try to make him play without it... and if he screams give it to him... that is a plug it always works... lol I know how you feel.  But try to take it away from him when he is playing and see how he acts... I trade something with Ayden. He gives me his GaGa (pacifier) and I give him his sippy cup or a ball or something.
sarahmomto3
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 12:12 PM

I dont know what to tell you since its the rules and all. My daughter had her binky until she was almost 3! I think its fine,  I took her to the dentist and it hadnt affected her teeth so it wasnt a big deal.

I keep it real and thats a promise,I might be a bitch but atleat im honest!

4ever
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 12:15 PM

Quoting MKbyRebekah:

Actually it is bad if he still has it. It will ruin his teeth. Do what the day care does because I think that they are right. It is what we did with my daughter when we were getting her off the binki at 2. It is hard. However, you are mom and if you give into him now you will always be giving into him. Good Luck!

I agree. It is hard but most things are
Mommy2Jolee
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 12:15 PM
I have the same problem but in a different way kinda... my mother in law watches my daughter! The first thing she does when she walks through the door is yank the binky (which we call "paci" for pacifier) out of my daughters mouth!!!  It makes me so incredibly mad when she does that, I finally told her she already had her time as mommy of a toddler so she needs to stop trying to be mommy and give me my time!  If I want her to have the paci then for God sakes she will have it!!!  She got over it really fast !!!

I can't imagine how upset it makes you to have them make that decision for you that he can't have it!  I would tell them if they want to make those decisions you will have to find another daycare!!!

GOOD LUCK!

MKbyRebekah
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 12:26 PM
Okay..........I do not agree with you at all. I agree with the day care. The binki can ruin his teeth. All he is doing is manipulating you by throwing himself on the floor. If you let this continue all you are going to do is everything he wants you to do the rest of his life. As far as I see it, you should do what your daycare is doing. I know that it is hard and that you more than likley do not want to do it. Lord, knows that I did not want to take my daughter off of it. Honestly, here is the way that I see it.........either 1.Get him off the binki. 2.Find a new day care. I am sorry if this is harsh but you asked for advice and this is the way I feel.
MKbyRebekah
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 12:28 PM

Quoting 4ever:

Quoting MKbyRebekah:

Actually it is bad if he still has it. It will ruin his teeth. Do what the day care does because I think that they are right. It is what we did with my daughter when we were getting her off the binki at 2. It is hard. However, you are mom and if you give into him now you will always be giving into him. Good Luck!

This is what I wrote first but I wanted to explain more.

grimm1207
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 12:30 PM
Look this may saound mean but I do not mean it to be that way.  Here is what you have to do... TAKE IT AWAY COMPLETLY! Why you ask?  Well, because it is messing up his teeth and he is just using it now to get what he wants whenever he wants it.  SO he needs to have it taken away and he needs to be told that he is a big boy now and he does not need it anymore cause if he has it then he is a baby bot a big boy.  So I say take it away it will be hard at first but evenyually everyone including daycare will be better off and there will be now more troubles.
4ever
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 12:31 PM

Quoting MKbyRebekah:

Quoting 4ever:

Quoting MKbyRebekah:

This is what I wrote first but I wanted to explain more.

LOL I wondered where that went....I knew I seen it. But.....I still agree with all you said. It is the truth.....even your expansion!
Mommygrimm
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 12:36 PM
My kids where only allowed Binky in bed . When they where babys they had it but as soon as they crawled then it was restricted to bed only . They throw it down when its time to get up and know thats where Binky belongs. I just recently took the Binky away from my youngest son alltogether . They have other comfort things like blankets and animals if they need them . Your daycare sounds like crap though because he is in fact your son and him having a Binky shouldnt be a problem . Maybe find a new daycare . Or talk to the head person and see if you can work something out but to make him cry and throw up .. way harsh !! I would be pissed off as well . Good luck 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)