Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Colicky baby

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 12:46 PM
  • 20 Replies
My two month old is having some problems with what i think is  colic, her doctor doesnt think it is, but i think that he is an idiot.  Anyways, I don't know what all i can do to help her through her crying fits and to help her to get over this.....
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wudwindmom
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 12:50 PM
Both my boys were colicky (that's why no more for me!). With both I used Dr. Browns bottles (expensive but well worth every penny) and with my youngest I used Goat's milk. WHen he turned two he finally started regular milk and he loves it! I also had the boys in the bathroom with the steam from the shower, which calmed them down.
Hope this helps, good luck because it is sooooooo hard having a crying baby, I know!
Mary

lyott07
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 12:50 PM
My son was colicky. Try swaddling your baby and rocking her. If that doesn't work, try giving her a warm bath before bed time. If that doesn't work, try driving her around. I did that with my son when nothing else work and that usually does the trick. Also I just recently switch him to a different formula, and he's now sleeping through the night :) I hope this helps a little.
youngmominCA
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 12:51 PM

my girlfriends son had colic... and she said once, you will KNOW if your child has colic. It is not something that you wonder about. Crying throughout the day enough to make you go crazy. If your baby is only crying sometimes, that is normal. How old is your baby? I remember her telling me it got worse at night. He would cry from like 6pm till 11pm when he would finally go to sleep...

sweetcheeks4205
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 12:51 PM
Be very paitent and calm!!!! Also they make formula for colic babies- if you use formula! Gas drops could work to cause most colic has to do with upset bellies- thats what ive read anyway! maybe getting some gripe water- the bottle says its for hiccups, colic and upset bellies! anyway hope this helps and good luck!

P.S. And you know your baby better than a Dr., just cause he went to school and got a degree dont mean he knows your child better then you!!!
Kelly4270
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:01 PM
My first child had colic.  You need to give the baby gas drops at every feeding.....i"m sure it helps somewhat.  Other than that, there isn't anything that can be done.  It only lasts about 4 months.

Kelly

RissAnLandysMom
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:04 PM
The thing that saved me was Mylacon drops!  My hubby & I put a few drops in Larissa's bottle and it was a night & day diference!  I know you are supposed to give it to them in their mouth (the drops) but we put it in her bottle and the formula bubbles instantly disappeared and we had peace & quiet again!

Just remember that "this too will pass" but it was frustrating for me at first having a colicky baby.  As soon as we bought the gas drops it all changed for the better!
lapayasa
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:10 PM
My oldest daughter had it for about 6 mnths. BAD!!!!!! And I got her over the counter drops. (Walmart Brand) And that helpped out alot! My dr didnt think it was colic in the beginning till she wouldnt stop. And she also had a hard time pooping and he said that was what it was.

annm3800
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:56 PM
tight swaddling and swishsing back and forth, get dr karps book. this did the trick!!
CoriL2
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 2:02 PM
I am facing the same problem with my son.  He is going to be one month on the 6th and he gets very colicky from 8 to about 12 midnight.  Sometimes he gets colicky in the middle of the night too after a feeding and doesnt want to go back to sleep.  It can get very hard and tiring so I know how you must feel.  I changed his formula because I noticed he wasnt able to poop for 2 days at a time and after changing it it helped because he poops twice a day now but he is still colicky.  I was also told to try gas drops and have yet to do so and I dont know what I am waiting for!  My son likes to be rocked and talked to when he is crying at night so you can try that but other than all the advice GOOD LUCK!
luvzmykiddos
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 2:05 PM
My daughter had colic and they put her on nuetramagin.(probably not how you spell it :p)  but it's a formula for colicy babies...and it worked wonders.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)