Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I know i already asked this

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:22 PM
  • 27 Replies
But the other day when i asked you ladies if you knew any thing to help me go into labor..i had to leave and never got the advice...so im gonna tell ya about it again. Maybe a little TMI
Okay so if i dont have this baby by thursday then we're setting an induction date (because hes a big ole fat turkey) and i really dont want to be induced...but i dont want to have a c-section either.  and we're afraid that if he keeps on growing then ill have to have a c-section.  So, i know that walking helps and ive been walking every single night for the past four weeks.  yay me because im usually pretty lazy, so you can imagine that i really want this baby out.  Well last night i lost my mucus plug...and im confused about that too...does that mean that labor has started? or does it just mean that its GOING to start at anytime....or what?  so what helps labor and what does the whole plug thing mean exactly?
'
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blueeyes30
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:25 PM
yup, you are on your way!!!  keep walking..

monny033
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:27 PM

i have always heard bumpy roads or railroad tracks

PrincessAnn75
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:27 PM
Walk , have sex thats all I know.
~ANN~

nemiller
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:29 PM
The only things I've ever heard are long walks, spicy food, and sex.  Good luck!

blueeyes30
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:31 PM
there are other ways, to induce labor, but walking and what the other poster said.. sex are the 2 sure fire safeest ways. the fact that you lost your plug menas you have started dialating.. now you just need to keep moving to help stimulate labor.  i am noe expert mind you.. just remembering what my friend was told we were preggo together, be baby came late.. mine early. so we had ours the same weekend.  mine being born first lol. 
when i lost my plug, i had already been in labor for a while, and didnt realize it.  i had lower back pain that just kinda came and went. i never had the stomach tightening sensation other mothers speak of.  also, my son was born at 33weeks.

roswife914
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:33 PM
mucus  plug  just means  your on your way dosnt mean a time frame sorry! sex! if you can stand it right now.  but thats  what my drs  recomed when were  trying to get daughter to get out beofre hubby deployed 1st time. walking i heard helped  but  i dont know?  it atleast  gets  muscles  night and  tight  and strong 4 labor and relaxes you while your walking which i guess could   let  w labor.  some  babies are  just so stubborn

MY HUSBANDS WIFE AND MY KIDS MOM

RAISING TEENAGERS IS LIKE NAILING JELL-O TO A TREE!!

AidanTiarra
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:33 PM
Losing the mucas plug does mean your body is getting ready.  But it can happen anywhere from hours to months before you go into labor.  With my son I lost it the day I went into labor, but with my daughter I lost it about three months before.  Walking, sex, massaging your breasts, squating on an exersize ball and eating eggplant all have the abilty to spead things along.  But in reality it will happen when it happens.  I know that sucks I hated being pregnant, but sometimes the baby is just not ready. 

Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

momof2boys1202
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:37 PM
After reading your post and all the replys,
well I was always was told (by my doc) NOT to have sex after you have lost your mucus plug!!!!!! I have always heard and been told walking, bumpy roads etc. You should be close to going into labor due to the mucus plug anyway. GOOD LUCK
blueeyes30
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:39 PM
hey girl!! dont forget to let us know what it is and post pics!!! i bet that is gonna be one beautiful baby>:)

tinaleigh
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 2:20 PM
not to disapoint you but i lost my mucuse plug about a month and a half before i had my son they told me for weeks and weeks any day now, see you in the next 24 to 48 hours but no i tried everything walking, sex, food, pretty much all of it and nothing worked..... until he was ready to come out... which happend to be the day i was going to my dr's to set up my induction.. anyways i hope it all works out :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)