Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

POTTY TRAINING HELP!

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:40 PM
  • 1 Replies
MY DAUGHTER IS 2 1/2....I WAS A STAY AT HOME MOM UNTIL ABOUT A MONTH AGO WHEN I HAD TO GO BACK TO WORK. WE WERE DOING SO GOOD WITH POTTY TRAINING. I MADE HER A STICKER BOARD AND EVERYTIME SHE USED THE TOILET SHE GOT TO PICK A STICKER AND PUT IT ANYWHERE ON THE BOARD SHE WANTED. I ASKED HER ABOUT EVERY 30 MINUTES IF SHE HAD TO GO..WHEN SHE DID SHE WENT AND WHEN SHE DIDNT SHE TOLD ME KNOW. SHE NEVER GOT TO THE POINT WHERE SHE WOULD JUST TELL ME SHE HAD TO GO. I PUT PULL-UPS AND PANTIES ON HER AND SHE LIKED THAT. IT MADE HER FEEL LIKE A BIG GIRL.
WELL, NOW SHE HARDLY EVER GOES TO THE BATHROOM WHEN I ASK HER UNLESS I USE BRIBERY. SHE INSISTS ON WEARING A DIAPER. VERY SELDOM DOES SHE AGREE TO PANTIES AND HARDLY EVER IS IT A PULL-UP. WORKING 40+ HOURS IN A WEEK LEAVES ME EXHAUSTED WHEN I GET HOME.
I KNOW THERE ARE PLENTY OF MOMS WHO WORK AND ARE ABLE TO POTTY TRAIN THERE KIDS. I KNOW PERSISTANCE IS THE KEY. MY HUSBAND ISNT REALLY HELPING ME OUT HERE AND IT MAKES IT HARD.
SHE IS SUCH A STRONG WILLED CHILD. I KNOW SHE IS CAPABLE OF POTTY TRAINING B/C SHE IS SO SMART. BUT, IF SHE DOES NOT WANT TO DO SOMETHING....SHE WONT....
I AM NOT LOOKING FOR CRITICISM BUT JUST SOME FRIENDLY ADVICE AS TO OTHER WAYS OF GETTING HER POTTY TRAINED. I ALSO HAVE A 1 YEAR OLD SON AND DIAPERS ARE BEGINNING TO BREAK ME!! LOL....ANYWAYS, JUST THOUGHT SOME OF YOU MOMS COULD HELP ME OUT...THANK YOU! RINDI~
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
annm3800
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:53 PM
oh my you can't be having fun!!! one of my friends just dumped the daipers and the pull ups all together. it sounded kinda scar to me but it worked. we finally just got rid of the pull ups except at night. minus some accidents it worked and now we are totally trained during the day. maybe she is rebelling. sorry i don't have better advice but good luck
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)