Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Circumcision

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 2:06 PM
  • 17 Replies
Hey everyone..I have an 8 month old son and I don't like his penis! He was circumcized at my doctor's office (they don't do it in the hospital-man was I pissed that I found that out after the fact!) and it looks like he didn't cut enough. When people see while I'm changing his diaper they comment on it, like oh you decided not to circumcize? My doctor says he'll grow into it but I don't know..does anyone else have an experience like this?
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PirishRose
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 2:10 PM
Nope, sorry I didnt have this problem.  I thought my doctor did a great job.  My sons looked normal when it was done though too.  There was nothing about growing in to it.  Maybe you could get a second opinion?
Haylee88
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 2:10 PM
My son was/is the exact same way!! I got really mad when someone asked me why I didnt circumsize him, i was like I DID!!!. My DR said the same thing about him growing into it. I guess its gotten kind of better, but it's wierd. Like he gets really hard when he goes poopoo and it stretches to where its supposed to be. so maybe they just need that extra till they get older? I really don't know, but would like to see some other explanations!
zklara
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 2:14 PM
My boy had a similar thing is 5 now and is becoming more normal.  But if you want other comments try going to the this group.
http://www.cafemom.com/group/13109 They have been very informative.  Hope this helps.
--Lara
antoinette85
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 2:17 PM
Oh and by the way it cost almost $300!! I feel like demanding a refund lol
lapayasa
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 2:20 PM
When my son was boen his dr didnt go to the hospital i delivered at so the ped's dr did it. He didnt take enough off so when my son turned 1 he had it redone. But, still we have to pull the skin back farther and clean it since the couldnt completely do it. My son was chubby then and had excessive skin. The urologist that did it said when my son turns 15 or 16 we can opp to do it again if it still gives him problems. The after surgery was fine my son had little pain. It was more of a hassle the cleaning and that since he was 1 and wanted to run and play. But, my son is 3.5  now with no problems he is also potty trained.

Dimples79
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 2:24 PM

Quoting antoinette85:

Oh and by the way it cost almost $300!! I feel like demanding a refund lol

wow they charged you alot,   geeze, guess cause it's cosmetic...

Mommygrimm
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 2:28 PM
My sons looked a bit funny ( could it be that I am a girl and had no idea thats what they looked like..hum ) Anyway the thing that I didnt know ( do know though for my second son ) was that you still had to pull the skin back otherwise it grows back out . I know that sounds odd but I hadnt been pulling his back and it was growing back out . I dont have to now but when he first had it done for a while there after I did . he looks normal now .. I guess .. again the whole girl thing
mother3boys1gir
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 2:29 PM
my older two boys were circumcised when they were born. no my last little boy hasnt been because the insurance no longer pays for it. i would have to have $600 up front to have it done. he is now one and i wish he would of had it done back when he was born. i dont know when ill be able to ever get it done. although he seems to be doing fine.
blueeyes30
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 2:29 PM
my son isnt circumsized, but from what it sounds like to me, they didnt cut enough skin.  maybe wait a bit, then go back and have it redone?  it is a cosmetic procedure, so it wont hurt him the way it is.
I chose to let my son make that decision. not really for or against circumsision.  just didnt have my son's done, mainly bc his father isnt, and i felt like he would be more comfortable.  but as many times as i have been given the "ew gross" look or the "bad mother comment", i almost wish i had!

Mychealle
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 2:41 PM
when my son had it done, I wondered the samething but they told me that it would be fine.  It now at 13 months looks ok but I wonder if they didnt make it even.  It looks like more on one side than the other.  Do you see the same DR for all well visits? If no then ask when you go in for 1year or call and see if you can see someone.  If you stress concern enough then they will listen
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)